1753797 Members
6985 Online
108799 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: Mass password change

Craig Williams_3
Occasional Contributor

Mass password change

Looking for a tool or method to change the password for all the RIBs in our enterprise (approx 500). Have seen CPQLOCFG but it does not really seem up to the task as it does not let you change the password on the acccount you are using to authenticate the CPQLOGCFG session.
2 REPLIES 2
Craig Williams_3
Occasional Contributor

Still looking for an answer to this.
Even when I use the latest CPQLOCFG (version 2.2) I get the following error when attempting to change the a password for the admin user:

STATUS="0x0009"
MESSAGE='Cannot modify user information for currently logged user'
/>

This strikes me as a stupid requirement. I can modify the password of the currently logged in user to through the web/javascript interface but not the RIBCL interface?! Why?!
Junior Yharte
Trusted Contributor

Craig,
The issue you are having is going to be addressed in a future release of the F/W for RILOE-II. For now you will need to add a few extra lines to your XML script. What you can do is login and create a temporary account with Admin rights, log in with that user and change the password for the account you are wanting to change. Then you will need to login with your modified account to remove the temporary user you created.