Server Management - Remote Server Management
1752802 Members
5778 Online
108789 Solutions
New Discussion

Mounting Virtual Media via hponcfg or HPLOVM.exe (iLO2 + Advanced Pack)- cannot write?

Benjamin Leak

Mounting Virtual Media via hponcfg or HPLOVM.exe (iLO2 + Advanced Pack)- cannot write?

I want to try to keep this as short and sweet as possible, so there will be a lot of information left out.

Basically, I am reaching out to see if anyone is successfully scripting the mounting/loading of a virtual floppy image on Windows 2003. And if you have then how did you go about it?

I've done a lot of research, submitted a few support tickets, and still have a few open. No one can give me an answer. No one can find this HPLOVM.exe, although I suspect that it is the "vm" command from within the SSH shell. Although, the documentation is skewed and should be updated to reflect such..

I can successfully mount an img file in write protect mode (Y and N) using SSH and the hponcfg.exe using the examples in the zip file (*samplescripts2.20.0-1.zip). However, I cannot create items once the item is mounted - unless I use the WebGUI to mount it (JAVA).

I've setup an IIS6.0 server, with the associated ActivePerl 10 and cgi files, and an Apache 2.2 server to host the img files. I know that there may be a bug with IIS6.0 and hosting a writable img file. (Document ID: c01209546)

I'm using this document as the "bible for installation" http://bizsupport2.austin.hp.com/bc/docs/support/SupportManual/c00294268/c00294268.pdf

Firmware is 8.40 with PSP 8.20. I've attempted this on DL380 G2/G3/G4/G5 and DL580 G4. Both Windows 2003 and Windows 2008 (didn't work at all.. although it says it does).

IIS 6.0 permissions are open to the world (to test), but I'm not 100% sure about the Apache config. I just put the server up and changed the order from deny,allow to allow, deny.

DocumentRoot "C:/Program Files (x86)/Apache Software Foundation/Apache2.2/htdocs"

Options FollowSymLinks
AllowOverride All
Order allow,deny

ASR.img is stored in the htdocs folder for simplicity sake.

I appreciate any assistance or insight in getting this working.

Thanks!
Ben