1752630 Members
6150 Online
108788 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Mouse Locks on RILOE II

Brian Oppermann
Occasional Contributor

Mouse Locks on RILOE II

We are using RILOE II with a firmware revision of 1.11. These use the internal Keyboard and Mouse cables. We have them on 9 DL380s and 2 DL320s.
We had the servers attached to a Belkin KVM switch and the only mouse that would work through the RILOE is the one the console was on. There were other problems with that KVM switch so we replaced it with an Avocent AutoView 424.
Now we are having an intermittent problem with the RILOE II mouse locking up when in use. When this happens it is also locked up at the console. This does not happen when just using the console, only over the RILOE II. We also have systems that use iLO and they are unaffected. These servers are split accross 2 different AutoView 424s.
When the mouse locks up, I need to go to the console and reset the mouse through the On Screen Display for the KVM. Then everything works fine.
Because of the number of servers, and available space, we can not have a keyboard and mouse attached to each server. Anyone run into this before and have any idea how to resolve it?
2 REPLIES 2
Brian Kleeman
Occasional Advisor

Re: Mouse Locks on RILOE II

I am having a similar problem, and I am using older Compaq KVM switches. My fix has been a server reboot (can't always be done on production servers). There must be some other way around this. I have been using these RILOEs for several years with no problems.

Brian
Brian Oppermann
Occasional Contributor

Re: Mouse Locks on RILOE II

Working this issue with the KVM manufacturer (Avocent in this case) they have determined there is an issue with their switch. They have a fix for it and we tested it with one of my KVMs. Everything works on the new KVM they sent me. They are working on RMAing my other switch with the same problem.

This problem is only appearent with the RILOE II boards. There is no issue just using the iLO other than it is very slow reactions.