Simpler Navigation for Servers and Operating Systems - Please Update Your Bookmarks
Completed: a much simpler Servers and Operating Systems section of the Community. We combined many of the older boards, so you won't have to click through so many levels to get at the information you need. Check the consolidated boards here as many sub-forums are now single boards.
If you have bookmarked forums or discussion boards in Servers and Operating Systems, we suggest you check and update them as needed.
Server Management - Remote Server Management
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Multiple iLO's on 1 WAN IP

SOLVED
Go to solution
TuuT
Occasional Visitor

Multiple iLO's on 1 WAN IP

Hello,

I have several servers in my LAN. They all have ILO. I would like to acces them from outside the LAN as well. But I only have one WAN IP. The nat for my first ilo (using the default ports) works fine. But for the second ilo I changed the default ports into free public ports. I configured the nat in my router according to this one:

src ip=0.0.0.0/0, protocol=TCP, incoming device=INT, dst=0.0.0.0/0:45000 --> forwarded to=xx.xx.xx.xx:45000

I did this for all the necessary ports in the router and I changed the ports in my iLO as well.

This however won't work. :(
Am I able to solve this in an other way?

kind regards,

2 REPLIES
David Claypool
Honored Contributor
Solution

Re: Multiple iLO's on 1 WAN IP

It is extremely risky to open up access to your iLOs over the internet through your router. Best practice is to utilize a router that allows for secure tunneling. There are many SMB-oriented routers like this available on the market for under $100.
Emil Velez
Honored Contributor

Re: Multiple iLO's on 1 WAN IP

not a good way

Put a hardened linux box with 2 nics and a firewall on the internet and create a private subnet for the ILO ports.

you ssh to the linux box then ssh to the ilo ports from the linux box. That is probably the most secure way.