108761 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Multiple iLO's on 1 WAN IP

SOLVED
Go to solution
TuuT

Multiple iLO's on 1 WAN IP

Hello,

I have several servers in my LAN. They all have ILO. I would like to acces them from outside the LAN as well. But I only have one WAN IP. The nat for my first ilo (using the default ports) works fine. But for the second ilo I changed the default ports into free public ports. I configured the nat in my router according to this one:

src ip=0.0.0.0/0, protocol=TCP, incoming device=INT, dst=0.0.0.0/0:45000 --> forwarded to=xx.xx.xx.xx:45000

I did this for all the necessary ports in the router and I changed the ports in my iLO as well.

This however won't work. :(
Am I able to solve this in an other way?

kind regards,

2 REPLIES 2
David Claypool
Honored Contributor
Solution

Re: Multiple iLO's on 1 WAN IP

It is extremely risky to open up access to your iLOs over the internet through your router. Best practice is to utilize a router that allows for secure tunneling. There are many SMB-oriented routers like this available on the market for under $100.
Emil Velez
Honored Contributor

Re: Multiple iLO's on 1 WAN IP

not a good way

Put a hardened linux box with 2 nics and a firewall on the internet and create a private subnet for the ILO ports.

you ssh to the linux box then ssh to the ilo ports from the linux box. That is probably the most secure way.