4869 Online
108794 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Pass iLO console on a web server

George Vardikos
Frequent Advisor

Pass iLO console on a web server

Hello,

We have dozens of HPE servers leased on our clients. The clients have access to their client area, I want to know if it is possible for them to access their Integrated Remote Console (IRC) through there. We have done it for their Proxmox VMs and are looking to find out if there is a way to do it for their bare metal servers as well. I'm looking to do what is described here: https://www.scaleway.com/en/docs/dedibox/kvm-over-ip/how-to/hp-ilo/

Is there a way to open a URL which will login to the iLO and display the console? In the iLO iOS native app we can do it without showing the complete iLO admin area and in Windows we can download the standalone client found at https://support.hpe.com/connect/s/softwaredetails?softwareId=MTX_bc8e3ffa59904ec3b505d9964d , I would like to do something like that.

I have found https://support.hpe.com/hpesc/public/docDisplay?docId=a00055673en_us&page=IRC_standalone_launch.html which allows us to show the IRC after logging in, has anyone implemented that and can share some knowledge (login with a kvm-only access account and show the embedded console url)? The serves have the iLO Advanced license.

Sincerely.,
George Vardikos

Sincerely,
George Vardikos
4 REPLIES 4
support_s
System Recommended

Query: Pass iLO console on a web server

System recommended content:

1. Advisory: HPE Integrated Lights-Out 5 (iLO 5) - iLO 5 GUI Remote Console Thumbnail May Not Be Displayed in Microsoft Edge 42 Web Browser

Please click on "Thumbs Up/Kudo" icon to give a "Kudo".

Thank you for being a HPE valuable community member.

Accept or Kudo

George Vardikos
Frequent Advisor

Re: Query: Pass iLO console on a web server

Hello,

Unfortunately this is irrelevant.

Sincerely,
George Vardikos
AmRa
HPE Pro

Re: Pass iLO console on a web server

Hi

To the best of my knowledge, there is no such option available where you can access iLO remote console without providing iLO login credentials.

However, we would request you to raise HPE support ticket with the HPE support team so that we can consult internally with our backend team for further assistance.

I am an HPE Employee.
[Any personal opinions expressed are mine, and not official statements on behalf of Hewlett Packard Enterprise]

Accept or Kudo
George Vardikos
Frequent Advisor

Re: Pass iLO console on a web server

@AmRa 

Hi AmRa,

I didn't say not to pass any login credentials, the credentials could be passed passively when a user clicks on the link to get the iLO console, via the server management software. iLO Amplifier Pack for example allows us to login to an iLO console without giving credentials every time we click on a server, they are somehow stored server-wide and used when a user clicks on the console icon.

Sincerely,
George Vardikos

Sincerely,
George Vardikos