108759 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: Power on delay in iLO

SOLVED
Go to solution
Phil Kay
Occasional Contributor

Power on delay in iLO

Is there anyway to delay an automatic power on in iLO? We are using BL460 servers that connect to a sb600c storage blade. I need to delay the servers until the storage blade has time to start up.

Our iLO software has a "Automatically Power On Server" setting but I don't see anyway to create a delay.

We are using the iLO 2 Standard Blade Edition with 1.35 firmware.
10 REPLIES 10
Raghuarch
Honored Contributor

Update your iLO firmware to 1.43.
http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bizsupport/TechSupport/SoftwareDescription.jsp?lang=en&cc=us&prodTypeId=15351&prodSeriesId=3219717&prodNameId=3288124&swEnvOID=1005&swLang=8&mode=2&taskId=135&swItem=MTX-9f76e0c15d0a4d28825b80df03

There is no need for you to set a delay for BL460, When you have sb600c besides it, always Storage blade will power on First, then the Blade will Power on. Provided you have a recent version of iLO and OA.
Blazhev_1
Honored Contributor

Hi,

there is such option under Power Management->Sever Power-> Power on Delay.
You have to be logged with administrative rights(You must have Virtual Power
and Reset privilege to alter this setting) to be able to set a value in the drop down menu.
If you still don't have the option, like suggested update the Firmware of the ilo and the onboard admin. Then you should be able to change it...

Pac
Phil Kay
Occasional Contributor

I have upgraded the firmware on the onboard administrator and the iLO but I still don't see the delay option. Is this option only available in certain iLO versions?

I am logging in using the administrator account so I don't beleive there would be a permission problem.
Raghuarch
Honored Contributor

hi,

Automatic power ON needs to be enable, it can be on the ilo or BIOS.

in ilo2

-> Power Management
--> Server Power
---> Power Configuration Settings
*Automatically Power on Server
* and Power on Delay where you can set the time

also that is available on BIOS (RBSU) in case you don't have ilo in some servers

-> Server Availability
--> Automatic Power-On should be ON
--> Power-On Delay (to set seconds. 15 - 30- 45 - 60, random)

"The Power-On Delay feature delays the server from powering on for a specified time to prevent power usage spikes when multiple servers power up after a power loss. Wake-on LAN, RTC wake-up, and iLO 2 Virtual Power Button events override the delay and immediately power on the server."

Note you should have Advanced iLO License for the same.
Phil Kay
Occasional Contributor

The setting is missing from our BIOS as well. I am assuming this is why it does not appear in iLO. I upgraded the BIOS but still don't have the setting. Thanks for everyones help with this.
Raghuarch
Honored Contributor

Do you have Advanced iLO License?
Phil Kay
Occasional Contributor

We have the standard license. I installed a trial license of the select version on one server and the advanced version on another server but neither gave me the delay setting.
barnett chan
Trusted Contributor
Solution

This power on delay option is on the ML/DL, but not on the blades.
Raghuarch
Honored Contributor

The latest Version of the OA contains Power delay feature.

If you login to the OA GUI under Enclosure Information there is new page Device Power Sequence. You can enter the delay there.
The amount of delay, in seconds, before the device powers on. Possible delay values are 1 to 3600.

SET SERVER POWERDELAY [ ALL | {[- | ,] } ] [ number of seconds to delay power | NOPOWERON ]: Sets the PowerDelay status for the specified server or
range of servers.

Download the Latest 2.25 OA from below link:
http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bizsupport/TechSupport/SoftwareDescription.jsp?lang=e
n&cc=us&prodTypeId=329290&prodSeriesId=3188465&swItem=MTX-b75c040de0a8
42dcae2c96efb5&prodNameId=3188475&swEnvOID=2065&swLang=8&taskId=135&
amp;mode=3