4336 Online
108788 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Preconfigure iLo firmware update

Michael Garner_1
Honored Contributor

Re: Preconfigure iLo firmware update

Thomas,
The issue with HPSUM failing at 99% should now be fixed.

On the other issue, the DL380 G4 you reference had an iLO1 in it and not an iLO2. Based on that, you should have only seen versions 1.93 or 1.94 available depending on which Firmware CD you used. If you manually attempt to force the iLO2 firmware on these servers, you will get a non-compliant/not-compatible message as you state. This is working as it should. I just tried an update to the iLo2 in a DL380G5 I have here in my lab with version 1.77 and HPSUM 3.5.0 correctly picked out the iLO2 firmware component and flashed it with no problems.

Regards,
Michael
lightxx
Frequent Advisor

Michael, thanks again for your answer.

what i'm trying to do is to batch - update 50++ servers (all of them being either DL380 G5s or BL460cs) from ILO 2 1.70 to 1.77.

i'm not trying to force my DL380 G4 (this is the machine where HPSUM is installed and run from) to update to ILO 2. this is impossible, except if you managed to swap the management board.

if i start hpsum with providing a /target:[ip of an ILO2 management board], i end up with HPSUM telling me that 1.90 was the latest version and that this version was not supported on the target platform.

so, long story short, i want to update a bunch of ILO 2s, but i don't want to connect to every single ILO (>50) do to the update job.

i thought by providing a /target: or by providing an IP / hostname of a remote machine HPSUM could remotely update the ILO.

thanks,
Tom
lightxx
Frequent Advisor
lightxx
Frequent Advisor
Michael Garner_1
Honored Contributor

Thomas,
Can you zip up the files in the %TEMP%\hp_sum directory and attach them to this issue. You might have to delete the .exe files and the .bin files to get it under the 1MB limit for the forum post but that is OK (or provide a link to a web server as you did with the pictures). The trace files located there will indicate to me what HPSUM is doing and why it thought the target was an iLO1 instead of an iLO2.

Thanks,
Michael
lightxx
Frequent Advisor

here you go:
http://kraxn.t-h.cc/hp_sum.zip

thanks,
Tom
lightxx
Frequent Advisor

lol. the trace files include the plain-text ILO passwords... probably someone should have a word with somebody about that...
Michael Garner_1
Honored Contributor

Thomas,
I get an error trying to download the zip file stating it is short 50261 bytes. Can you validate the file for me?

Thanks.
lightxx
Frequent Advisor

god how i hate that crappy NitroInspection...
please retry, it should work now ...

thanks,
Tom
lightxx
Frequent Advisor

you probably need to flush your browser's cache (at least when using FireFox) before retrying ...