Simpler Navigation for Servers and Operating Systems
Completed: a much simpler Servers and Operating Systems section of the Community. We combined many of the older boards, so you won't have to click through so many levels to get at the information you need. Check the consolidated boards here as many sub-forums are now single boards.
Server Management - Remote Server Management
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

RDP passthrought not working

Butcher76
Occasional Contributor

RDP passthrought not working

I have enabled RDP passthrought but when i try to launch it does it try to run RDP against the IP-adress that ILO has, it should use the IP-adress that is configured in Windows 2003.

So the passthrought is not working for me.
4 REPLIES
barnett chan
Trusted Contributor

Re: RDP passthrought not working

Did you install the passthrough service in Windows? cp005637.exe
http://h18000.www1.hp.com/support/files/server/us/download/23126.html.

When you Click on the Term Servies button in the remote console, rdp will connect to the iLO ip.
M.S.Srivatsa
Valued Contributor

Question : WHY iLO's IP address used in iLO's Terminal services passthrough( OR RDP
passthrough) functionality?
Answer:
The above mechanism is called "Terminal Services Passthrough" (OR RDP passthrough)
because the RDP packets passed from "mstsc" client to "iLO" and iLO passes the
RDP packets back to "Terminal server" running on the host via iLO interface
driver and HP Passthrough service running on the host.

Terminal Services Passthrough functionality Requirements

1.HP Pass-through Service for Microsoft Terminal Services for Windows 2000/Server

Please ensure the latest "HP Pass-through Service for Microsoft Terminal Services
for Windows 2000/Server 2003" is installed on the host server where iLO resides.

Link : http://h18004.www1.hp.com/support/files/lights-out/us/download/23126.html

2.iLO management interface driver.

Please ensure the latest "HP ProLiant Integrated Lights-Out Management Interface
Driver for Windows 2000/Server 2003" is installed on the host server where iLO
resides.

Link : http://h18004.www1.hp.com/support/files/lights-out/us/download/22830.html
Butcher76
Occasional Contributor

I tried to install the pass throught service and it worked fine on some servers but not all.

One server that has Windows 2000 and SP3.
the Package say that it needs .NET Framework 1.1.4322 first.

I have installer .NET Framework 2.0 but it does still say that I have to install .NET Framework first.

Any solution to this?

Thanx for your other good answers.
acartes
Honored Contributor

The iLO terminal services passthrough allows the windows terminal services client, mstsc, to attach to the iLO IP address. iLO forwards the RDP traffic through the passthrough service to the host OS.

So the use of the iLO IP address is expected. This does not prohibit using it through the host network.

For any case, to use iLO RDP passthrough-
- you need the driver installed
- you need the pass through service installed
- you need the feature enabled in iLO
- you need the feature enabled in the host
- an iLO license may be needed

The pass-through service is written in the Windows .NET framework. That must be installed on the host for the passthrough to work. The .NET framework is a free download from Microsoft.