3841 Online
108758 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: RIB.CPL version and RILOEII

SOLVED
Go to solution
Stephen Cassells

RIB.CPL version and RILOEII

Can anyone confirm the correct version of RIB.CPL to use in order to make changes to the RIB configuration on a RILOEII board. I currently have version 2.0.0.4 [is this one file suitable on NT4 and Win2K ] - Many thanks
4 REPLIES 4
David Claypool
Honored Contributor
Solution

RIB.CPL was a pre-RILOE Control Panel applet that "happened" to work on the original RILOE but was not supported and was eventuallly dropped altogether. Supported configuration methods are through [F8] setup and the XML interface through the network.

A CLI-based local configuration tool is in development.
Ed Cox
Respected Contributor

Stephen,
Are you referring to the lovely "day glow pink" icon under control panel? From what I have been told, rib.cpl and rib.hlp were written for the old RIB card, the one with the modem on it. It could also have been used with Riloe I, but one of the engineers told me that it definitely won't work with Riloe II. I would recommend using the Riloe Lights Out config utility (Sp23511)
Ed

rdpexperts.com
Stephen Cassells

Thanks for these answers guys. It certainly answers a few questions I had. I'll also pass this info around my other IT colleagues as it's bound to affect them too. Much obliged. Steve
John Kramer
Advisor

Any idea when the local RIB CLI will be ready?