1753618 Members
5677 Online
108797 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

RIB.CPL

Ash Keval
Occasional Advisor

RIB.CPL

I have a ML530 G1 and I have copied the RIB.CPL and RIB.HLP to Winnt/system32 folder.
But I can't get any information in the Remote Insight Setup icon in the control panel.The icon is there, but no info in it. I have stopped and started all the necessary services.
Thanks for your time.
3 REPLIES 3
David Claypool
Honored Contributor

Re: RIB.CPL

RIB.CPL went end of life along with the old RIB/PCI board in 1998. It has never been supported for iLO or RILOE/II.

Local configuration access is supported by a new tool called HPONCFG which uses the same syntax as the over-the-network scripts.

http://h18004.www1.hp.com/support/files/lights-out/us/download/20863.html
Richard Coons

This utility requires the following minimum firmware revisions:

Remote Insight Lights-Out Edition II firmware 1.13 or later.

Integrated Lights-Out firmware version 1.41 or later
This utility does not operate with the Remote Insight Lights-Out Edition (RILOE I). The management interface driver and management agents must be installed on the server.

So does the CPL file work for the RILOE I accordning to your link this tool wont work with RILOE I.
Stoecklin Michel
Occasional Advisor

All,

RIB.CPL, RIB.HLP is only for RIB I, and HPONCFG is for iLO and RIB II.

Under MS/DOS, you can also use CPQLODOS to put some default settings on RIB I, RIB II and iLO. I use this tool with a XML file to configure some default settings on RIB I and RIB II board, but it work also for iLO.

Under Windows, you can easily access and change your RIB I settings using your web browser.