1751891 Members
5085 Online
108783 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: RILOE II Becomes unavailable via Web interface

Stephen Jones_3
Occasional Advisor

We are also having some problems with a lot of our first edition remote insight boards.

Many of them lock up and need to be reset before we can access them through the web interface.

They are currently at 2.42 but I'm yet to try out the new firmware 2.52 but from reading this post it seems unlikley to cure the issue.

The systems they are installed range from CL1850, ML370 G1, 6400R, DL580.

We have many different sites and some seem to be more prone to locking up than others.

The majority are plugged directly into CISCO 3500.

Cathal Burke

A while ago, we had this problem for many months. We discovered that the problem disappeared if the RILOE and the host server were on the same subnet. We amended ours accordingly and have not had a problem since
Jonathan Tran

This is not a known issue. Please log the issue with HP Support including all necessary information to reproduce the problem. You can then send us the case numbers and we can monitor it to make sure the issue will be worked properly.

Rgrds
Junior Yharte
Trusted Contributor

Hello everyone,
just wanted to update everyone on the status of this issue. We were unable to reproduce this issue in our lab environment with 100 boards (mixed RILOE/RILOE-II). So I have forwarded the problem to out Level III support engineers who are going to need your help. The problem is that these guys will need to personally contact you for information about your environment etc. which can not be done thru the forum. Please contact customer support and get a case number, post the case number back to this thread and we will handle the rest. Thank you all for your help!!
Russell Henry

Hello again, Ive now raised this with UK customer support the case number is 1202847296.
WMihalik
Occasional Advisor

Has there been an update on this problem? I posted something about this today and what everybody is going through sounds very familiar.

derek_76

DL380 Delivered to site
Configured RILOEII
the card pings but doesnt display. How do you reset the card (not via F8 into setup)?
Kelly Beauchaine
Regular Advisor

Has anyone found the solution to this? I've just experienced this issue on an Integrated Remote Lightsout Edition board. Board cannot be pinged, cannot be accessed via web.
Upon a reboot of the server, message appeared 'integrated lightsout configuration temporarily unavailable', so cannot go thru the F8 key.
This is on a DL360G3, W2K3.

Thanks!
Kelly
acartes
Honored Contributor

Kelly,

It sounds like your iLO is malfunctioning. Here is a thread that discusses ways to re-flash it:
http://forums1.itrc.hp.com/service/forums/questionanswer.do?threadId=714052

There are ways to update RILOE II and iLO firmware from within an OS using the Online ROM flash components. I recommend attempting these first. A firmware update resets the management processor when it is complete.

For that matter, there is an HP Online Lights-out Configuration utility that allows you to get/set configuration from the host as well.

Neither of these approaches requires a functioning network connection to iLO/RILOE II.

However booting ROMPAQ diskettes is the most direct approach got force an iLO firmware update.