1748265 Members
4090 Online
108760 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: RILOE II Error on ML570G2 Bootup

Sandy Wood
Frequent Advisor

RILOE II Error on ML570G2 Bootup

I'm getting an Error: 0002 - RILOE is not responding to commands at bootup on my ML570G2. The board is installed in slot 7 per the matrix. I also don't get the f8 option at bootup to configure RILOE II. Anyone got any ideas where else to attempt configuration?
5 REPLIES 5
acartes
Honored Contributor

It sounds like you may be having hardware a problem with the RILOE II board. I recommend opening up a support case.

However, you might first try to update the RILOE firmware by booting the firmware maintenance CD and installing the latest RILOE II firmware. If this is successful, you can reset the RILOE II configuration using the RILOE RBSU.
Robin_37
Trusted Contributor

Checck the following if it applys to you.

CUSTOMER ADVISORY

ES030219_CW02 REVISION: 0

Unsupported Remote Insight Lights-Out Edition II Cable Configuration Displays POST Error Message `Error 0002: RILOE Is Not Responding To Command`

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
RELEASE DATE:
April 2003

DESCRIPTION
When booting a ProLiant server that is configured with a Remote Insight Lights-Out Edition II (RILOE II), the following Power-On Self-Test (POST) error message will appear if both the Remote Insight Internal cable (30/16 pin) and the external Keyboard/Mouse Adapter are installed:

Error 0002: RILOE is not responding to command during POST.

Using both the Remote Insight Internal cable and the External Keyboard/Mouse Adapter simultaneously is an unsupported configuration. The two cabling options should not be used together.

SCOPE
Any ProLiant server configured with a Remote Insight Lights-Out Edition II (RILOE II) when the Remote Insight Internal Cable (30/16 pin) and the external Keyboard/Mouse Adapter are both installed with RILOE II.
RESOLUTION
Using both the Remote Insight Internal Cable and the External Keyboard Mouse Adapter simultaneously is not supported. The ProLiant server can be configured in one of two ways:

Configure the server with the Remote Insight Internal Cable (30/16 pin) only.

Note: This is the preferred configuration method that would provide the server with RILOE II cable support features, such as access to Virtual Floppy/CD.

OR

Configure the server with the external Keyboard/Mouse Adapter only.
HARDWARE PLATFORMS AFFECTED: ProLiant 7000, ProLiant 8000, ProLiant 8500, ProLiant CL380, ProLiant DL320, ProLiant DL320 G2, ProLiant DL360, ProLiant DL360 G2, ProLiant DL360 G3, ProLiant DL380, ProLiant DL380 G2, ProLiant DL380 G3, ProLiant DL580, ProLiant DL580 G2, ProLiant DL760, ProLiant ML310, ProLiant ML330, ProLiant ML330 G2, ProLiant ML330e, ProLiant ML350, ProLiant ML350 G2, ProLiant ML350 G3, ProLiant ML370, ProLiant ML370 G2, ProLiant ML370 G3, ProLiant ML530, ProLiant ML530 G2, ProLiant ML570, ProLiant ML570 G2, ProLiant ML750
COMPONENTS AFFECTED: Management Boards Server Management (Remote Insight Lights-Out Edition II)

Regards

Robin

Robin_37
Trusted Contributor

Do you still have the problem
Chuck Reed

I had this same problem after applying Support Pack 7.51 to my ProLiant DL380. This support pack included updates to the RILOE which started this problem.

My fix was simple: I had to plug in an Ethernet Cable.
M.S.Srivatsa
Valued Contributor

Questions ?
Are you using DHCP in your network for RILOE-II ?
Is DHCP enabled in the RILOE-II network configuration ?