1752295 Members
5116 Online
108786 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

RILOE Version ? Sending pages/alerts but shows green status

Chris Fink
Frequent Advisor

RILOE Version ? Sending pages/alerts but shows green status

Sorry for the same post, but I thought I needed to change the subject to be more clear.

I have a RILOE in server in Europe. It keeps sending alerts to our IM server and paging that it's in Major status, then shortly after that it's normal.

When I check it all status is green. The only issue I can see with it is that within the Device Home page, under RILOE/General Info, the keyboard says disconnected and the Interface Status is Not Responding. However, at the bottom under Self Test Results everything (Memory, Keyboard Interface, NVRAM Interface, NVRAM Read/Write/Verify, NIC and Mouse) is green.

I'm not sure of the version of the RILOE (I or II), I'm including some specifics so that those that know may be able to tell.

Model: Remote Insight Lights-Out Edition
Hardware Version: 5.0
Serial Number: P432A0GFFNA5ZR
ROM Version: 2.41 - 8/27/2001

Thanks for your help.

Chris
10 REPLIES 10
acartes
Honored Contributor

Re: RILOE Version ? Sending pages/alerts but shows green status

The ROM version indicates RILOE I

The agents responsible for the device home page seem to think that they cannot talk to the RILOE anymore. The self test results are probably cached. You might have some success by resetting the firmware. It might help to update to the newest version while you are at it.

You can get the latest (for Windows) here:
http://h18004.www1.hp.com/support/files/lights-out/us/locate/69_5869.html

You can flash from the OS or extract the image and flash using a browser.
Chris Fink
Frequent Advisor

Thanks,

I will try it this weekend during our scheduled maintenance.
Chris Fink
Frequent Advisor

How do I go about updating the RIB's firmware if I can't logon to the RIB?

I Terminal into the server and run the *.exe but I get an error:

The video device failed to initialize for fullscreen mode. Choose "Close" to terminate the application.
Kevin_313

Chris, Take over or Terminal into the box and then utilizing the RIB control panel applet reset the RiloE under the "Version" tab. After the screen disappears indicating the RIB has reset, immediately close the control panel applet and wait approx. 10 seconds. Relaunch the applet and you'll see a slightly different screen. Choose the "Users" tab and modify the user account's password or add a new user and password then press OK but do not close. Open a web browser from your desktop and access the RiloE and use this new password or username/password.

Hope this helps!
Kevin_313

Guess I should have finished. After you can log into the RiloE from the web browser you can update the firmware by pointing to an extracted version of the exe specifically the CPQRB253.BIN

1st send the file and then choose to update.
Chris Fink
Frequent Advisor

As an FYI.

I updated the Management Agents to 7.10 A and rebooted. This has cleared the issue on the RIB.

Kevin,
There is no applet to run. It's on a 2003 server, I'm not sure if that's why.

Thanks for all your help.

Chris
Kevin_313

I assumed this was still available but according to the link below it isn't. I'm going to disagree with the information within that discussion as I find the control panel applet quite helpful especially when you get an Error 20 and RIB2 or iLo is simply locked up the reset button is a great benefit.

http://forums1.itrc.hp.com/service/forums/questionanswer.do?threadId=316556

Just copy the attached file to a network share, browse to it and launch. Just so long as the drivers are loaded for the RIB, RIB2, or iLo it should appear.
Chris Fink
Frequent Advisor

Kevin,

The server I have is 2003 Standard. I tried opening the attachment you included and there was just small error pop-up, not even big enough to show a message in it.

I'm going to have to set a time aside for the person in that office to be there and we'll have to reboot it and change the administrator password.

Thanks for all your help.

Chris
Chris Fink
Frequent Advisor

I now have access to the web interface on the RIBLOEII. How do I prepare the firmware upgrade?

I have downloaded the latest *.exe for this, and when I go to upload it, it gets to about 50% and then the page goes to a not found page.

I have also tried to create the floppies, but which file do I use?