1751968 Members
4552 Online
108783 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: RILOEII Firmware 1.13 and Directory XML script issues

Chuck Reimer
Advisor

RILOEII Firmware 1.13 and Directory XML script issues

I'm attempting to run an xml script against a RILOEII V1.13 and receiving an error message "Object reference not set to an instance of an object." If I back the firmware down to 1.10, the script runs fine. Any thoughts of what the issue is? TIA
5 REPLIES 5
barnett chan
Trusted Contributor

Use the 1.14 version.
acartes
Honored Contributor

Use:
RILOE II firmware 1.13
Directories support 1.14
LO Configuration utility 2.22

Assuming Windows, because the message you describe comes from the .NET framework used in the directories support package. Are you using HPLOMIG or HPLOMIGC? Because we usually mean CPQLOCFG when we refer to "scripting".

The code for whatever you are running has a bug which has probably been triggered by a change in an RIBCL (XML) command. There are recent scripting examples also available.
Chuck Reimer
Advisor

I am using the CL version hpqlomgc.exe and the sample dir.xml file to configure the MP for AD authentication. I upgraded the utility to 1.14a and now receiving the error "Value cannot be Null" "Parameter Name: Input" I've tried the dir.xml that came with the new release to no avail.
acartes
Honored Contributor

Make sure that a LOM role object has already been created. The tool will create device objects, but needs a role to "point" them at.
Chuck Reimer
Advisor

The LOM object exists and the roles have been created. Can someone provide the dir.xml script they are currently running against RILOII 1.13 and using the latest hpqlomgc.exe so I can compare. Also, is it backward compatible with the RILOE and ILO cards? TIA