Server Management - Remote Server Management
1753514 Members
7631 Online
108795 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: Remote Console RILOE2 board doesn't show correct characters using its remote console

Reynaert
Occasional Advisor

Remote Console RILOE2 board doesn't show correct characters using its remote console

Hi,

as HP dealer I have several servers with a Remote Insight Lights Out Edition II board. When I connect to the remote console using the web browser I see the graphical logon screen, I can move the mouse and I can type in the logon screen, but the characters that come on the screen are not what they should be. It doesn't have a known keyboard layout whatsoever... For instance when I type a number on the numerical keypad on my keyboard I get all kinds of signs, and it's not a matter of num lock or caps lock (I tried every combination). As a consequence I cannot log on to the server because I can't find all the characters I need for the login and the password.

Are there any guidelines about setting keyboard to a specific layout in the setup of the board (now it has the Belgian layout set) in combination with regional settings/keyboard settings of the remote pc or are there any fixes if this is already a known problem with the RILOE 2 board? Are there any persons with the same problem?

Thanks in advance for your comments/solutions.

Wout Reynaert

P.S. This thread has been moved from Archived Desktops and Workstations Boards > Windows based to ITRC Remote Lights-Out Mgmt (iLO 2, iLO, RILOE II) Forum. - Hp Forum Moderator

2 REPLIES 2
JohnWRuffo
Honored Contributor

Re: Remote Console RILOE2 board doesn't show correct characters using its remote console

Compaq released this advisory about the RILOE a while back:
http://wwss1pro.compaq.com/support/reference_library/viewdocument.asp?countrycode=1000&prodid=5428&source=ES020628_CW01.xml&dt=3&docid=9162 ...
but the article did not show any specifics to your situation, just to setting the board to Non-US K/B causes an error.

Another thought, what version browser are you using? It seems the RILOEII browser compatability is IE 5.5 Sp2 or later; or, NS 6.2.2 or later...

There is also an issue with the ATI Rage XL and the version of the driver on NT. Make sure, if you have this card, that the latest driver is installed...

Hope this helps.
-John
Enjoy!

Do you need help with your HP product?
Try this: http://www.hp.com/support/hpgt
Reynaert
Occasional Advisor

I will look at the URL you gave me to see if there is anything that can help me. I have tried to log on to the remote console using several computers (w2k, wxp), all with IE6.0. I have installed the latest supportpack on one the servers (ML370G2, W2k server) but that didn't solve the issue (the other servers with the same problem are HP netservers that can be supported through the RILOE II board).

Thanks for your effort in helping others.

WR