1753424 Members
5005 Online
108793 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Riloe II config problem

Bernie Pechlaner

Riloe II config problem

Hi,

DL 580 G2 w / RILOE II (firmware 1.10)in slot 1 -- Choosing F8 during boot gets me into the menue...but the cursor is running down the left side of the screen over and over...choosing a menue option is impossible.
Any ideas?

Thanks,

Bernie
7 REPLIES 7
Jeff Westwood
Frequent Advisor

Re: Riloe II config problem

Hi Bernie

Our DL580 G2's have Integrated Management Boards. Why would you use the PCI variant in this model server?

Regards

Jeff Westwood
Ed Cox
Respected Contributor

Bernie,
Try disabling the iLO...there may be a conflict between the RILOE II and the iLO.
Ed
barnett chan
Trusted Contributor

You may want to update the iLO firmware to 1.27 or later. The newer iLO fw will disable itself when RILOEII is install in the server.
Jeff Westwood
Frequent Advisor

It sounds like using RILOE II's in servers that have ILO is common place, however, I don't see the benefits of doing so. Can anyone enlighten me?

Jeff Westwood
Bernie Pechlaner

Hi Guys,

The Integrated Rib is disabled...at least it says so during bootup.
Have to use the RILOE II -- it is our standard. And I also have to use firmware version 1.10...and we have a few DL580 that work fine with the configuration mentioned above...

Thanks,

Bernie
barnett chan
Trusted Contributor

Do this same card act the same way on a different server? Have you try a different RILOEII card in this DL580 G2?
Junior Yharte
Trusted Contributor

RILOE-II provides better performance in remote console, provides original Virtual floppy support, Survey support, and iPAQ support as well.