Server Management - Remote Server Management
1752513 Members
4774 Online
108788 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: Schema Ext. HP Roles not displaying.

ChrisKendall
Occasional Advisor

Schema Ext. HP Roles not displaying.

The schema updates went fine. In the ADMC, if I select "New" there is no HP Role to add. I cannot figure out how to add one.

If I select Custom search in AD I can search on HP Target & Role but do not see any way to add them.

Any hints as to what may be going on here or maybe another way I can add the roles?
10 REPLIES 10
T. Vander Auwera
Frequent Advisor

On which version of Windows does the AD MMC run?
ChrisKendall
Occasional Advisor

I have tried the AD MMC on XP X64, Vista 32 bit, Server 2003 32bit, and XP 32bit. All with latest service packs.
KarloChacon
Honored Contributor

hi

I supposed you're following the steps from here

http://bizsupport.austin.hp.com/bc/docs/support/SupportManual/c00190541/c00190541.pdf

specially page number 8
"Once the schema has been extended, the new attributes are viewable using the AD Schema MMC snap-in installed previously..."

I mean messages regarding creating the 3 new classes:
HPQTarget, HPQPolicy and HPQRole

are fine ? you can see them? as the roles were created successfully?

regards
Didn't your momma teach you to say thanks!
barnett chan
Trusted Contributor

You had extended the schema. Did you also install the snapins? If so, close you MMC, then reopen. Make sure your mmc is closed when you install the HP snapins.
ChrisKendall
Occasional Advisor

Yes, I see all the new classes in the schema snap-in. Yes, the MMC's are installed. Everything was done according to the c001905
41.pdf. We did it by the book with no errors, however I still cannot add any new HP Roles.
barnett chan
Trusted Contributor

Chris,

What version of Windows is AD running on? Did you install the snapins on the client that is running the MMC? XP should work. don't know about Vista. Did you try to run the MMC on the server and see if you can see the hp snapins?

bwc
ChrisKendall
Occasional Advisor

The entire forest is W2K3 SP1 (Native Mode). Yes the snap-in's are installed. Yes, I have tried running in on multiple servers including the Schema Master.

I did see a post on making sure it is the English language version, it is.

I am thinking I may have to call HP on this one.
ChrisKendall
Occasional Advisor

Well, I called HP but they where unable to help. It seems I need some sort of software contract before I can get support with this. It was recommended I call Microsoft, but somehow I doubt that will get me very far.

I wonder if there is a way to add the Roles outside of the MMC. I will look into that next.
acartes
Honored Contributor

Doing the searches will be negative because it is looking for objects. The schema extension defines new classes and does not intrinsically create the objects. The MMC snap-in enables you to create the objects.

Since the schema extension succeeded and you cannot see the new objects in MMC, this is where to look. It sounds like all the regular pitfalls have been addressed:
- MMC is an English install
- you installed the MMC snap-ons on the same system you are running MMC on
- you extended the schema on the same directory you are attempting to create the objects
- the account you are using has appropriate directory administrative rights

So, you cannot create new HPQ Roles or HPQ LOM Objects? Or you cannot see these in the MMC?