Simpler Navigation for Servers and Operating Systems - Please Update Your Bookmarks
Completed: a much simpler Servers and Operating Systems section of the Community. We combined many of the older boards, so you won't have to click through so many levels to get at the information you need. Check the consolidated boards here as many sub-forums are now single boards.
If you have bookmarked forums or discussion boards in Servers and Operating Systems, we suggest you check and update them as needed.
Server Management - Remote Server Management
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Schemaless AD authentication with 64-bit domain controllers

Ben_Lye
Occasional Contributor

Schemaless AD authentication with 64-bit domain controllers

I have my iLO and iLO2 controllers happily performing schemaless authentication against Windows 2003 SP1 32-bit domain controllers, but authentication fails when I try to authenticate against Windows Server 2003 SP1 64-bit DCs.

When I run the authentication tests the SSL connectivity test fails, but SSL is enabled on the 64-bit DC, and I can use LDP to verify that the DC is accepting LDAPS connections.

I am in the middle of replacing all my 32-bit DCs with 64-bit DCs, and I don't want to lose AD integrated authentication. Is there something I'm missing to make this work?

Thanks,

Ben.
1 REPLY
gldiii
Frequent Advisor

Re: Schemaless AD authentication with 64-bit domain controllers

I am using schema-free as well, with both 64bit and 32bit DCs, same config. I haven't had any issues with either. Sorry this isn't much help, just thought I would respond to let you know it does work :-). Good luck!