Server Management - Remote Server Management
1752364 Members
5599 Online
108787 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: Setting up an ilo video repository with IIS7 help needed.

Jason Salgado
Regular Advisor

Setting up an ilo video repository with IIS7 help needed.

I would like to set up a video repository to log Ilo events like ASR videos, etc.

I've enabled every option under remote console settings in the ilo management. I've pointed it to the web server address folder.
I've left the export user name and password blank but have also tried with our admin ID and pass.

I'm pointing this to our D volume on our HP SIM 6.0 server which now has IIS7 installed with ASP. If I look at the handler mappings in IIS, PageHandlerFactory-Integrated does have POST enabled for scripts for the website. I can also browse to the website/directory and see some test.txt documents I put in there and open them.
On the permissions of the website Everyone has R/W/R&E/L
I'm not really sure why the ilo isn't exporting the files to the web server even if we reboot the test server or hit the export button in the ilo management console.
9 REPLIES 9
Oscar A. Perez
Honored Contributor

You need iLO2 v2.00 or later and on your IIS server you need to enable the WebDAV extension.

They are Ilo 2 with advanced licenses.
Jason Salgado
Regular Advisor

I don't know what you mean by ver 2.0. are you talking about firmware revision. most of ours in firmware 1.78 or somewhere in that area.
Jason Salgado
Regular Advisor

After setting up WebDAV and setting the handler we are getting 405 0 0 X error codes in the IIS log.

Tried creating a *.* handler as well and still getting the 405 0 0 X error in the event log.
Oscar A. Perez
Honored Contributor

Are you testing with iLO2 firmware version 2.00?

There is a fix in this version to allow iLo2 to export video files to Microsoft IIS 6 and later.
Basically, IIS doesn't like the "content-range" field in the HTTP PUT method that iLO2 uses to upload files to webservers. This field has been removed from the PUT method in 2.00

upgraded the ilo 2 firmware from 1.78 to 2.0 and tried again.
still couldn't upload the file to the web server.
still getting 405 errors.

2010-07-28 20:15:09 10.1.5.54 PUT /ilo/captureLVHHSHCNDBDR-ILO07282010-1615-Boot.ilo - 80 administrator 10.7.254.90 - 405 0 0 15

2010-07-28 20:15:09 10.1.5.54 PUT /ilo/captureLVHHSHCNDBDR-ILO07282010-1615-Fault.ilo - 80 administrator 10.7.254.90 - 405 0 0 0
Oscar A. Perez
Honored Contributor

It seems tou need to enable "PUT" in IIS 7.

http://blogs.msdn.com/b/joseph_fultz/archive/2009/07/23/enabling-the-put-verb-with-handlers-and-iis-7-0.aspx

I already came across that website and it is enabled.
Jason Salgado
Regular Advisor

It is also noteworthy that in the HP documentation, what little there is, only mentions you must have HTTP POST enabled.