1752707 Members
5598 Online
108789 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Smart Array P822 Failed Drive Enclosure

Justin Barbalace
Occasional Visitor

Smart Array P822 Failed Drive Enclosure

My server comes up with a failed Drive enclosure in the system health and I have the flashing amber warning light on the fromt. The Drive Enclosure no longer exists. how can I removet the orphaned drive enclosure?

Controller on Slot 1
Logical View Physical View
Controller Status OK
Serial Number Info Erased
Model Smart Array P822 Controller
Firmware Version 8.32
Controller Type HPE Smart Array
Cache Module Status OK
Cache Module Serial Number Info Erased
Cache Module Memory 2097152 KB

-Drive Enclosure Port 4E Box 1
Status Failed
Drive Bays 25
Model Number D3700
Firmware Version 4.12

-Logical Drive 01
Status OK
Capacity 1862 GiB
Fault Tolerance RAID 1/RAID 1+0
Logical Drive Type Data LUN
Encryption Status Not Encrypted

-Physical Drive in Port 4E Box 1 Bay 24
Status OK
Model MARSHAL
Media Type HDD
Capacity 2000 GB
Location Port 4E Box 1 Bay 24
Firmware Version JT000U
Drive Configuration Configured
Encryption Status Not Encrypted

6 REPLIES 6
Sham82
HPE Pro

Re: Smart Array P822 Failed Drive Enclosure

Hi Justin,

Since you mentioned that disk enclosure doesn't exist any more.

Where do yo see the error? in iLO?

1. If the disk enclosure is already dettached and you still see the error then we would suggest to reset iLO from the web-console and check. If the issue persists, please power cycle the server and check for the issue.

2. If disk enclosure is still connected and you are not using it, please power it off and disconnect the cables connecting to the server. And follow step 1.

you also mentioned "flashing amber warning light on the front." If in front of the server,

1. please check Overall system health from iLO.

Thank you
HPE Employee

I work for HPE.
[Any personal opinions expressed are mine, and not official statements on behalf of Hewlett Packard Enterprise]

Accept or Kudo

Justin Barbalace
Occasional Visitor

Thank You for your reply, I am seeing it in iLO4 under system health. The iLO reset did no resolve the issure. The enclosure is not attached and no longer exists. The server has been power cycled many times and this has been more of a nuciance than anything helse, but I would like to get rid of the error so it does not over shadow other errors that may actually matter.

Sham82
HPE Pro

Hi, 

> Please check the ILO Firmware, if old , please Update and Check .

>  Try Hard Resetting the ILO ( you can find the steps as per the server Generation)

NOTE : Before performing Hard Reset , please make sure to take a Valid ILo Configuration and Credentials Back up .

Thank you 

HPE Employee

I work for HPE.
[Any personal opinions expressed are mine, and not official statements on behalf of Hewlett Packard Enterprise]

Accept or Kudo

Torsten.
Acclaimed Contributor

Is the enclosure just removed and are there still definitions for a RAID?

Hope this helps!
Regards
Torsten.

If you feel this was helpful please click the KUDOS! thumb below!   
Justin Barbalace
Occasional Visitor

The enclosure was removed a while ago, was no longer needed. I don't see any other deffinitions. What is odd is I installed the Online Diagnostics today and am getting a completely different error there. It says Box 1 is "Temperature Critical". I shut the server down and pulled the enclosure that is still on there to check it out. It was not hot, but I went ahead and blew the dust out of it, both fan units, both power supples and both SAS modules. when I brought it back up it said the same thing. Ithink I have something squirlly with the existing D3700 enclosure.

Sham82
HPE Pro

Hi Justin,

Since you mentioned that Old disk enclosure doesn't exist any more, however you have another connected.
so to get a better understanding , we would request you to please generate and share the ADU report.

Thank you
HPE Employee

I work for HPE.

Accept or Kudo