5776 Online
108789 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: Smart Array - Updating Firmware via Powershell - Remotely

rookie1082
Frequent Advisor

Smart Array - Updating Firmware via Powershell - Remotely

Hello,

I have a script created that updates the BIOS and ILO firmwares via powershell.  I was wondering if the same is possible for any smart array controllers in the server.

I have a DL580 G9 with a P830i and I want to force downgrade to version 3.54 on all servers. 

The only firmware file types I have found are ".bin.fw" extension and powershell "Update-HPILOServerFIrmware" Cmdlet does not like that extension.  I have tried changing it to just ".bin" as well but that did not help.

Are there any .flash extension files for the smart array controllers?  And can smart array firmware be updated via powershell in general?

2 REPLIES 2
GokulKS
HPE Pro

Hi,

First of all Smart Array firware is not available as smart component and it can't be flashed via PowerShell cmdlets or any other tool. You have to use SPP only to flash these firmware and if you want to force it to degrade then you need to you the force option in SPP.

Regarding the cmdlet you used for firmware upgrade i think you are using old version of iLO module and we have release new parallel major version 2.0 which is available on the web and PowerShellGallery. Lot of new additions and change in the cmdlet bheavior.

https://www.hpe.com/us/en/product-catalog/detail/pip.5440657.html

Thanks,

Gokul 

I am a HPE Employee

Accept or Kudo

rookie1082
Frequent Advisor

Thanks, I'll give the new tools a try and migrate my workflows from the old version.