Server Management - Remote Server Management
1752801 Members
5431 Online
108789 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: Start-HPEiLOCertificateSigningRequest Broken?

SOLVED
Go to solution
rgb99
Trusted Contributor

Start-HPEiLOCertificateSigningRequest Broken?

I am running into a problem with the Start-HPEiLOCertificateSigningRequest cmdlet. I pass the variables and values and the default data is returned into the certificate.

Example:

$connection = Connect-HPEiLO $interface -Username $striLOUsername -Password $striLOPassword -DisableCertificateAuthentication
$commonName = (Get-HPEiLOIPv4NetworkSetting -connection $connection).DNSname + "." + (Get-HPEiLOIPv4NetworkSetting -connection $connection).DomainName
Start-HPEiLOCertificateSigningRequest -Connection $connection -State "MyState" -Country "US" -City "Anytown" -Organization "MyCompany" -OrganizationalUnit "MyGroup" -CommonName "$commonName"

After I generate a cert file with certreq.exe and then import with Import-HPEImportCertificate, the subject values are all default except for the CN.

I also see the following in the manual for the cmdlet.

-IncludeiLOIP [<SwitchParameter>]
    Includes the iLO IP along with the certificate. The supported values are Yes or No. This parameter is supported only on iLO 5 servers.

However, this feature is absolutely available on iLO 4 (v 2.55, shown below).

Capture.JPG

In addition, the cmdlet parameter does not recognize Yes as a value!!! So it will not work. I would love for this to get resolved as I have a scripted way of adding iLO's into a CA that is held up by this broken cmdlet.

7 REPLIES 7
PhS-
Regular Advisor

I run into the same proble

Start-HPEiLOCertificateSigningRequest

does not use the value of тАШ-City', regardless of how you specify it. Should place it into '<CSR_Locality>' inside the XML it sends, but there's no such field in the raw request being sent. (you can see that with -OutputType)

тАШ-IncludeiLOIP' parameter gives errors if you specify it, no matter what syntax !

Get-HPEiLOCertificateSigningRequest

resubmits new CSR generation with default parameters. It does not simply retrieve the previously generated CSR (with parameters specified by 'Start-HPEiLOCertificateSigningRequest').

You *can* however see the correct CSR if you retry 'Start-HPEiLOCertificateSigningRequest' with '-OutputType RawResponse'.

So I am curious who's really testing these PowerShell cmdlet ? I am trying to get some help from HPE support without success. The module is badly coded and we need a fixed version !

GokulKS
HPE Pro

Hi,

We accept there is a issue in CSR generation with custom fields and we are working towards fixing the bug. Will update on the availablility of the fix soon.

As a wokround you can use previous release of iLO cmdlets i.e., 1.5.x version which is available on the HPE web and you need not un-install 2.0 as both can work in parellel without any conflict.

Below is the cmdlet to generate CSR on Gen9 iLO. ( Try same cmdlet twice - once for iLO to generate and 2nd for displaying the csr )

PS C:\Windows\system32> $out = Get-HPiLOCertificateSigningRequest -Server 192.168.10.16 -Username admin -Password admin123 -State KA -Country IN -Locality BLR -Organization HPE -OrganizationalUnit HIT -CommonName CN -DisableCertificateAuthentication

PS C:\Windows\system32> $out

IP : 192.168.10.16
HOSTNAME : ilomxq54509m3.powershvpn.com
STATUS_TYPE : OK
STATUS_MESSAGE : OK
CERTIFICATE_SIGNING_REQUEST : -----BEGIN CERTIFICATE REQUEST-----
MIICtjCCAZ4CAQAwUTELMAkGA1UEAwwCQ04xDDAKBgNVBAsMA0hJVDEMMAoGA1UE
CgwDSFBFMQwwCgYDVQQHDANCTFIxCzAJBgNVBAgMAktBMQswCQYDVQQGEwJJTjCC
ASIwDQYJKoZIhvcNAQEBBQADggEPADCCAQoCggEBALVF5PpeuRipy4e038bgw/A9
2ovY8KQYnlWjJ2yj72ub2moiuuFAH2wLbFZuh7KwH8+P3rzZZWVdVoem0bbFATmu
dmrDv4ntdrol38rJmMB8OVbmsbwBaT8VzEW+FsDpn/rMpmBhdwfhkWgt9gEMumyF
Sr+SJPtJMpU7e5lMq8EX3gNdZ/cYNFkxKLfRTa+41jNUSAbpVzgwLGEJxJfHY0Hm
cNtNcsnJZuyf9vHAlySpbiHa7JSDcNqejR4fdRDg3JqCDGm8k+6UN8CG9h2MO5vD
WNgxys+df8t2QEZa8xlv/m7TjWI8WUPAuoKpybsZJC/x84Mj9XilbTFusM+tIoEC
AwEAAaAgMB4GCSqGSIb3DQEJDjERMA8wDQYDVR0RBAYwBIICQ04wDQYJKoZIhvcN
AQELBQADggEBAE39YlJnBi4t/XkeQ8EBOB9QoRdLttly2kICHcLJUTiSbvceqOEC
0JLnbMCHAPlYnZbOts+iyeUrfvg2bXKdobvLmtE73cUSBXX1R9JsN+czqd9oNtbW
8qQtkeG9D7Mzhk9GBxZ0r5FUi5R/eq7mfZqei2UVCOTQZHVuyWVR1j4xk3+ytgbN
hH4o5SZVDDmp/a6TCT6kWZpuxOPbbLAemGDIeRy14Vd68GjQ9KUgbfAARgeZdS5c
FbZ8LI6wXoE6b/+586o5dSgng2YOS4i2x0B5RaslYF6KS3UayCg1qIDYL1Y7rTXo
IYh5pvMz56ANwmUA0b3WHTMSxZzS9vYEJlo=
-----END CERTIFICATE REQUEST-----

Thanks,

Gokul

I am a HPE Employee

Accept or Kudo

PhS-
Regular Advisor

Thanks, ETA for the fix ?

rgb99
Trusted Contributor

Thanks. I will wait since I would like the cmdlet to also work with -IncludeiLOIP with iLO v4.

rgb99
Trusted Contributor

Has this been fixed yet??

PhS-
Regular Advisor
Solution

Hi rgb99,

I am happy to report that with the latest PowerShell Module (2.0.0.1) it works for me (aslo the -IncludeiLOIP with iLO v4)

rgb99
Trusted Contributor

Thank you! I hadn't noticed an update to the cmdlets.