1748145 Members
3360 Online
108758 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: Strange ILO Problem on DL380G3

Ivan Sirakov
Occasional Visitor

Strange ILO Problem on DL380G3

The Problem is that I can't reconfigure the ILO on the server, because the F8 menu about the ILO in the POST never aapears on the screen. The other thing is that I reptogrammed the ILO firmware with the latest 1.82. The reflashed the BIOS on the server. There was no effect on this problem after each reflash. ILO is not responding on network, but there is green light on the switch, to witch it is connected.
4 REPLIES 4
Rajeshwari, Hiresave
Trusted Contributor

In this case, probably the iLO's RBSU is disabled.
Here are 2 ways you can enable it ...
1. Switch the iLO Secutity override switch on the system board to "on". This overrides iLO security. (Remember to switch off the security override after iLO has been suitably configured)
2. If the system has a Linux or Windows OS running on it, then HP online configuration utility (HPONCFG) can be used to set the the value of "F8_PROMT_ENABLED" in iLO Global configuration to "Yes".

If the iLO is not responding on network, please re-check the network configuration of iLO using F8 menu in the POST or HPONCFG.

Ivan Sirakov
Occasional Visitor

Step 1 has been done, but there was no effect on the problem. I didn't try step 2, but I'll try it.
Pieter 't Hart
Honored Contributor

is the system attached to a console switch ?
sometimes this kvm-switch or the display itself detects the video signal to slow so it won't display anything untill the video-signal is stable fore some time.
It also needs some time to switch when the display changes resolution (between PXE-boot and bios-config menu.

if this is so, blindly typeing F8 (repeatedly) when powering on the server before the display comes up may help.
acartes
Honored Contributor

Your iLO firmware update may have been unsuccessful.

I recommend flashing the firmware again-
1) unplug
2) set the iLO security jumper
3) boot the server to the Smartstart firmware maintenance CD
4) update the iLO firmware
5) shut down, power off, unplug, restore the security switch