108788 Solutions
New Discussion

Re: Strange SNMP port using hponcfg

johndoe75
Occasional Contributor

Strange SNMP port using hponcfg

Hello,

I am trying to setup an ILO using hponcfg. Here is an extract from the file:

<RIB_INFO mode="write">                                                                              
      <MOD_GLOBAL_SETTINGS>                                                                              
        <SESSION_TIMEOUT VALUE="30"/>                                                                    
        <ILO_FUNCT_ENABLED VALUE="Y"/>                                                                   
        <F8_PROMPT_ENABLED VALUE="Y"/>                                                                   
        <F8_LOGIN_REQUIRED VALUE="N"/>                                                                   
        <HTTPS_PORT VALUE="443"/>                                                                        
        <HTTP_PORT VALUE="80"/>                                                                          
        <REMOTE_CONSOLE_PORT VALUE="17990"/>                                                             
        <VIRTUAL_MEDIA_PORT VALUE="17988"/>                                                              
        <SNMP_ACCESS_ENABLED VALUE="Y"/>                                                                 
        <SNMP_PORT VALUE="161"/>                                                                         
        <SNMP_TRAP_PORT VALUE="162"/>                                                                    
        <SSH_PORT VALUE="22"/>                                                                           
        <SSH_STATUS VALUE="Y"/>                                                                          
        <SERIAL_CLI_STATUS VALUE="3"/>                                                                   
        <SERIAL_CLI_SPEED VALUE="1"/>                                                                    
        <VSP_LOG_ENABLE VALUE="N"/>                                                                      
        <MIN_PASSWORD VALUE="8"/>                                                                        
        <AUTHENTICATION_FAILURE_LOGGING VALUE="3"/>                                                      
        <AUTHENTICATION_FAILURE_DELAY_SECS VALUE="10"/>                                                  
        <AUTHENTICATION_FAILURES_BEFORE_DELAY VALUE="0"/>                                                
        <LOCK_CONFIGURATION VALUE="N"/>                                                                  
        <RBSU_POST_IP VALUE="Y"/>                                                                        
        <ENFORCE_AES VALUE="N"/>                                                                         
        <IPMI_DCMI_OVER_LAN_ENABLED VALUE="Y"/>                                                          
        <REMOTE_SYSLOG_ENABLE VALUE="N"/>                                                                
        <REMOTE_SYSLOG_PORT VALUE="514"/>                                                                
        <REMOTE_SYSLOG_SERVER_ADDRESS VALUE=""/>
        <ALERTMAIL_ENABLE VALUE="N"/>                                                               
        <ALERTMAIL_EMAIL_ADDRESS VALUE=""/>                                                         
        <ALERTMAIL_SENDER_DOMAIN VALUE=""/>                                                         
        <ALERTMAIL_SMTP_PORT VALUE="25"/>                                                           
        <ALERTMAIL_SMTP_SERVER VALUE=""/>                                                           
        <PROPAGATE_TIME_TO_HOST VALUE="N"/>                                                         
        <IPMI_DCMI_OVER_LAN_PORT VALUE="623"/>                                                      
      </MOD_GLOBAL_SETTINGS>

We can see that the SNMP port are set to 161 and 162.

However when I load this config, I connect to the ILO the port used by SNMP are 25646 and 24951.

Why ?

6 REPLIES 6
SanjeevGoyal
HPE Pro

Hello,

Need to check about the ports open in the firewall

TCP port 24951 uses the Transmission Control Protocol. TCP is one of the main protocols in TCP/IP networks.
TCP port 25646 uses the Transmission Control Protocol. TCP is one of the main protocols in TCP/IP networks.
Both ports are used by TCP/UDP

24951 and 25646 uses the Transmission Control Protocol. TCP is one of the main protocols in TCP/IP networks.
However please let us know the status of port 161 and 162 on the firewall.

Regards,

Sanjeev Goyal

SNMP port are set to 161 and 162, check the port status on firewall

I am a HPE Employee.
[Any personal opinions expressed are mine, and not official statements on behalf of Hewlett Packard Enterprise]

Accept or Kudo

johndoe75
Occasional Contributor

I don't understand the relationship between the firewall and my issue.

I would like to setup the SNMP pour using hponcfg.

But even if I choose 161 and 162, after loading my config the port setup in the ILO are different.

Why ?

SanjeevGoyal
HPE Pro

Hello,

You have to involve your network engineer or network team here.

Regards,

I am a HPE Employee.
[Any personal opinions expressed are mine, and not official statements on behalf of Hewlett Packard Enterprise]

Accept or Kudo

johndoe75
Occasional Contributor

Please take a look at my file at the beginning of this topic.

Then check the result in the ILO web interface:

SNMP.jpg

SanjeevGoyal
HPE Pro

Hello,

The community have limited support.

Please see network side.

Regards

I am a HPE Employee.

Accept or Kudo

gldiii
Frequent Advisor

I am experiencing the same issue trying to configure my ilo5s. Did you ever figure this problem out?

To be clear, since it seems like the HPE person doesnt understand, the configuration file has settings to apply to the ilo5, setting the port values to specific values. But after applying the config file to ilo5, and it showing it applied successfully, reviewing the port value settings in the ilo5 show the port values were NOT changed to the values specified in the config file.

I could really use a fix for this behavior asap. Thanks