108789 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Test Connectivity *FROM* ILO 5 *TO* Port 443 on Remote Image Host

SOLVED
Go to solution
majorgear
Occasional Contributor

Test Connectivity *FROM* ILO 5 *TO* Port 443 on Remote Image Host

I'm automating server builds for the new HP Proliant DL325 Gen 10 servers with ILO 5 ( latest firmware as of the time of this post ) we have gotten at my employer. I'm having problems connecting to the remote image HTTPS connectivity. Now, the firewall teams says they have opened the port 443 on the HTTP server, but I still cannot mount the remote image.

I can manually test the port from another machine , but that doesn't prove much as the firewall rules are specific to the source IP address. And it worked before, so I could always curl, telnet, wget , etc from my workstation to the HTTPS server.

Previous we used CIFS/SMB protocol for remote images, but that doesn't work with HP servers, as far as I can tel they only use HTTP/HTTPS to mount images.

Are there any command line tools - such as telnet - on the ILO so can make a request **from** the ILO dedicated interface to the HTTPS server to check connectivity with port 443?

The way that that would work would be to ssh to the ILO, and run the telnet/other command from there.

2 REPLIES 2
StorageMike
HPE Pro
Solution

Re: Test Connectivity *FROM* ILO 5 *TO* Port 443 on Remote Image Host

Hi

TMK I don't think this is possible, the best I could find is a ping command you can run from the iLO but nothing like a telnet.

CLI guide is here incase I missed something - https://support.hpe.com/hpesc/public/docDisplay?docId=a00018323en_us

I work for HPE

Accept or Kudo

majorgear
Occasional Contributor

Re: Test Connectivity *FROM* ILO 5 *TO* Port 443 on Remote Image Host

I'll give it a try to at least test basic connectivity.  That might not even work as icmp is disabled in most places in the environments I'm working in.  

oemhpe_pingThe command determines if an IP address is reachable from the current iLO session. For example:hpiLO-> oemhpe_ping 192.168.1.1Where 192.168.1.1 is the IP address you are testing