4878 Online
108758 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: Unable to ipgrade ILO 1.06 firmware on DL-360 G2

Joerg_9
Occasional Advisor

Unable to ipgrade ILO 1.06 firmware on DL-360 G2

Hello,

I have strange problem. I have upgraded several Dl-360 G2 from firware 1.06 to 1.82 using the diskette image. This works very fine.
But on one mashine I am not able to upgrade. When upgrading process starts (after reading the wto disks) it takes only 2 seconds when says 'sucessful upgraded'. But it has not been upgraded - always version 1.06 is there.

Does anyone has an idea?

Thanks,
Joerg
9 REPLIES 9
Ruslan
Respected Contributor

Try to upgrade via http access. Look for bin file here http://h18023.www1.hp.com/support/files/server/us/download/23468.html
Joerg_9
Occasional Advisor

With version 1.06 I am not able to contact via HTTP in general.

Another strange behavior is that only this iLo does not get an IP address from the DHCP server. All the other ILO get IP adresses. I have change the cable and the ILO network ipface blinks green. Is it possble that the ILo is defect?

Thank you
Ruslan
Respected Contributor

Joerg, you can access to iLO setup (F8 during boot) to set fixed ip-address. Checking iLO 'health' can be establish trough IML log, I purpose
Joerg_9
Occasional Advisor

Hi Ruslan,

thanks for suggestion. I check in the ILO configuration but there is not logging available. The only options you can change is IP/DNS/WINS/DHCP settings (all set to DHCP), User add/delete, Enable/disable ILO (enabled). The other DL-360 have been upgraded successfully and got automatically IP addresses. Is there any switch on the mainboad to allow firware upgrades. If so, where?

Thanks for help
Ruslan
Respected Contributor

Joerg_9
Occasional Advisor

Hi Ruslan,

yes I have read it. The problem is that the ILO does not get an IP (cable, router is OK)
So no chece for updating remote.
Using the diskettes at the server directly fails (succesful upgrade message, but no upgrade)

I don't know what it could be
Ruslan
Respected Contributor

Possible iLO defected :(
acartes
Honored Contributor

Could be a bad iLO.
However, I can't find a reference to iLO 1.06 ever existing... Are you sure iLO is supported by that host?
http://h18013.www1.hp.com/products/servers/management/riloe2/supported-servers.html
acartes
Honored Contributor

Another idea:
1) use iLO RBSU and assign static IP address
2) boot floppy and upgrade firmware
3) use iLO RBSU and reset to defaults