3734 Online
108760 Solutions
New Discussion

Updated iLO firmware download location?

MikeAR
Occasional Advisor

Updated iLO firmware download location?

GM,

We have a number of DL 380 Gen 10 servers running iLO FW ver. 1.35. Would someone be able to provide the link to the latest firmware, having a bit of trouble finding it.

Thanks.

8 REPLIES 8
Torsten.
Acclaimed Contributor

Re: Updated iLO firmware download location?

Update to 1.40 first, then to 2.18:

https://support.hpe.com/hpsc/swd/public/detail?swItemId=MTX_a3166ad9df6a40e6aa156438c6#tab-history

Hope this helps!
Regards
Torsten.

If you feel this was helpful please click the KUDOS! thumb below!   
MikeAR
Occasional Advisor

Thank you for the reply. Attempting to apply the version listed as 1.40(a)(6 Feb 2019), Filename 'cp038901.compsig', generates the error below when updating via the iLO Firmware page:

Firmware Update

The file signature is invalid. Make sure you are using a valid, signed flash file and try again.

Any suggestions welcome.
Torsten.
Acclaimed Contributor

Run the *.exe, select EXTRACT and use the *.bin file!

or

run the *.exe and install on the server directly. A *.rpm format is available too.

Hope this helps!
Regards
Torsten.

If you feel this was helpful please click the KUDOS! thumb below!   
MikeAR
Occasional Advisor

Thank you, I realized was selecting the wrong file. Unfortunately, extracting the .EXE using either 7-Zip or from Windows and then attempting to perform the upgrade with the ilo5_140.bin file generates this error:

Firmware Update Failed
Please try again.

The current FW version is as iLO 5 1.35 Aug 14 2018. 

Note: After several attempts, the firmware *would* complete successfully using multiple attempts. Not sure what was causing it to fail, but working with a teammate on this, he was experiencing the same symptoms.
AmRa
HPE Pro

As we can see you have successfully updated iLO firmware, however in furure you can try to update iLO firmware using OS Independent iLO firmware file "ilo5_218.fwpkg "

https://support.hpe.com/hpsc/swd/public/detail?swItemId=MTX_281e7ab6fb00457290991b1790#tab1

I am an HPE Employee.
[Any personal opinions expressed are mine, and not official statements on behalf of Hewlett Packard Enterprise]

Accept or Kudo
edi_maris
Occasional Visitor

Hi HP

Do you have a link to download ILO 5 version 1.40, so that I may flash the firmware of a 1.37, then upgrade the firmware to a latest version?

Kind Regards

edi

Harshitha_K
HPE Pro

Hi

iLO 5 v1.40 is no longer available for download and has been replaced with version 1.40(a). Use the below link to download the iLO5 v 1.40(a)

https://support.hpe.com/connect/s/softwaredetails?softwareId=MTX_b4605687332a47c4a58ae9647a&language=en_US

You may check  Revision History for latest firmware versions.

Note: "While I am an HPE Employee, all of my comments (whether noted or not), are my own and are not any official representation of the company."

Regards,

Harshitha K

I am an HPE Employee
Any personal opinions expressed are mine, and not official statements on behalf of Hewlett Packard Enterprise

Accept or Kudo

edi_maris
Occasional Visitor

Downloaded successfully. I needed to use RESTful application to flash the firware which was a success.

Thank you

(now to upgrade the ILO 5 firmware to latest version)