108788 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Use SMS to gather iLo Key Data

SOLVED
Go to solution
Graeme Bray
Regular Advisor

Use SMS to gather iLo Key Data

Does anyone know if its possible to use SMS to gather iLo and iLo2 License Key Data? That way if a server has a board replaced we don't have to go through the hassle of getting the key or a new key?
7 REPLIES 7
KarloChacon
Honored Contributor

Re: Use SMS to gather iLo Key Data

hi

sorry but what is SMS?

thanks
Didn't your momma teach you to say thanks!
Graeme Bray
Regular Advisor

Microsoft Systems Management Server.

Or can I pull it from SIM somehow? We'd like some way to get all the iLo Key's without doing it manually.

Does anyone have a way to do this...
Derek_56
Valued Contributor
Solution

Graeme,

SIM can do this. Go to Deploy -> License Manager... You can then click 'Collect License Info...' Select your Management Processor collection and run the tool. The only caveat that I found with this is that I had to enter credentials for SIM to log into my ILO's. This will give you the specific keys used to license the Advanced Features pack on each ILO. Afterwards, you should also be able to do some more limited reporting from the reports module in SIM as well.
Graeme Bray
Regular Advisor

How can I enter blanket credentials to get all the servers to use the same username/password?
Derek_56
Valued Contributor

Greame,

You need to log into each one and set them the same. Now, you can automate that to an extent via the hponcfg or CPQLOCFG utility (use the HP for new ILO's and CPQ for old ones, firmware wise.) This can be found on the software download page per each server model on HP's site. Likewise, you can find examples on the xml input files on the same page. Your only bump in the road is that you'll have to modify the XML file to change the password for each current password in order to log in and change the credentials.

- Derek
Graeme Bray
Regular Advisor

We've got all the passwords the same on the iLo/RILOE cards (I realize RILOE doesn't have keys). I need to know how to enter a blanket userID/PW in SIM to get it to read the keys.
Rancher
Honored Contributor

This is how I did it for mine.

In SIM, go to Options, Protocol Settings, System Protocol Settings.
Select your iLOs and Apply, then Next. In the SSH settings area, check to Update the values, and key in the iLO administrator account name and password. You can either schedule it or Run now.