Simpler Navigation for Servers and Operating Systems - Please Update Your Bookmarks
Completed: a much simpler Servers and Operating Systems section of the Community. We combined many of the older boards, so you won't have to click through so many levels to get at the information you need. Check the consolidated boards here as many sub-forums are now single boards.
If you have bookmarked forums or discussion boards in Servers and Operating Systems, we suggest you check and update them as needed.
Server Management - Remote Server Management
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

View iLO config

Paul Houghton
Occasional Contributor

View iLO config

Hi,

I need to find a way to display the iLO config of servers remotely. I've looked at cpqlocfg but as far as i can see you can only set config not display it.

thanks
4 REPLIES
pratap m keshava
Trusted Contributor

Re: View iLO config

What is the information you want? you have scripts to get global_settings, network_settings, server_information etc. You can see the sample XML scripts available in the following link http://www.hp.com/servers/lights-out iLO->softwares and drivers. You can also obtain the scripting guide from support and documents link.
Paul Houghton
Occasional Contributor

I need info such as iLO name, IP, version.

I know how to obtain these using hponcfg from the server, but i want to be able to do this remotely via some form of script, and then view the info in a text file.

is there a way to do this remotely?

thanks.
M.S.Srivatsa
Valued Contributor

Try downloading the sample XML scripts from the following link incase if you don't have
it already.
SAMPLE XML scripts
http://h18004.www1.hp.com/support/files/lights-out/us/download/25058.html

You can also write a perl script using these RIBCL commands.
Please also refer to "iLO_perl_xml.pdf" in the downloaded samples which gives info on how to write a perl script using the RIBCL commmands.

SOME MORE INFO
1.Getting iLO name (iLO DNS name)
Please use the "GET_NETWORK_SETTINGS" XML command.
Ex : cplqocfg -s -f Get_Network.xml

2.Getting iLO firmware version
XML command is "GET_FW_VERSION".
Ex : cplqocfg -s -f Get_FW_Version.xml

Please also try using the following CPQLOCFG options
1.-C
This option will check for correct XML
formatting
2.-l logfilename
This option will log the XML response
output to a specified log file.
David Claypool