1753793 Members
7036 Online
108799 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Virtual Power Button RIBLOE on DL760

John Rowan_2
Regular Advisor

Virtual Power Button RIBLOE on DL760

I recently acquired a DL760. The RIBLOE that came with the unit had a broken Ethernet interface so I installed a new RIBLOE. After configuring the IP address and establishing an ID/password I connected to the unit. The only thing that does not work is the virtual power button. When I read the documentation for the RIBLOE (page 2-4 table 2-1) it said to use virtual power button cable D (p/n 195254-B21) 4 pin cable but the DL760 has the 16 pin cable underneath the fans between the primary and tertiary PCI slots. I could not find a connector on the DL760 anywhere to use the 4 pin. All other functions work well but I absolutely need to be able to power this device on/off as it is in a remote location.
4 REPLIES 4
Stephen Kebbell
Honored Contributor

Re: Virtual Power Button RIBLOE on DL760

Hi,

which version of the RIBLOE do you have (I or II). I don't think version I is supported in this server.
IF you have version II the Virtual Power Button cable you need ships with the server, not the board.
According to the user manual for RIBLOE II, you need "cable H" for DL760 G1
H = P/N 216373-001 (16-pin to 13-pin cable) ships with the ProLiant DL760
server.

For the DL760 G2 you need the 30-pin cable that ships with the board.

Regards,
Stephen
John Rowan_2
Regular Advisor

The replacement RIBLOE I installed is part # 157866-001. I have to go eyeball both the replacement and original to see what's different. They looked the same when I swapped them out but I didn't look closely. The original also was causing PCI bus errors during POST.
Stephen Kebbell
Honored Contributor

Hi John,

Just checked - that part number is version I.
According to the quickspecs the DL760 is not a supported server (board too old, I guess):
http://h18004.www1.hp.com/manage/remote-lightsout-qs.html

Here's a picture of the back of both cards so you can tell the difference.

Regards,
Stephen
John Rowan_2
Regular Advisor

Thanks for the picture. I definately have the Riloe version 1. The (defective) board that came with the machine and my replacement are identical but unfortunately not compatible. Time to go back to Ebay for a Riloe II .