Server Management - Remote Server Management

Re: Weird error in ILO5 that causes sudden "Invalid username and password" - SPP / TPM to

SOLVED
Go to solution
rookie1082
Frequent Advisor

Weird error in ILO5 that causes sudden "Invalid username and password" - SPP / TPM to blame?

In my line of work i help automate deployment and configuration of many Gen10 servers en masse with custom IP settings, etc.

I have noticed that with ILO5 and the 2018 SPP's (03.2018 and 06.2018) the updates fail on ILO5.

The SPP updates will fail with inventory error.  There will also be a new "Ignore warnings" prompt before deploying firmware updates (even in automatic mode) because of the Gen10 TPM Module. 

Also I have noticed that when the inventory of the bootable SPP is being taken that the powershell commands and a web browser session to the servers ILO will result in an "invalid user name and password combination".

Powering the servers off and keeping them powered off for at least 5-10 minutes allows communication with the ILO again, with the usernames working properly.

These servers are barebone, no OS yet, and this new "feature" doesn't make touchless automation very friendly anymore.  Not sure why TPM is prompting all of a sudden.

Any ideas?

1 REPLY 1
rookie1082
Frequent Advisor
Solution

Re: Weird error in ILO5 that causes sudden "Invalid username and password" - SPP / TPM to

Update:

I added a disconnect-hpeilo command to the powercheck loop.  It looks like too many RedFish connections going at once will cause this issue.

Since adding this disconnect, I have not seen the issue.  If it pops up again, I will post an update.