Server Management - Remote Server Management
1745854 Members
4257 Online
108723 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Why does ILO4 attempt to connect to Amazon AWS ?

SOLVED
Go to solution
Rob Leadbeater
Honored Contributor

Why does ILO4 attempt to connect to Amazon AWS ?

I've just updated the firmware of a BL465c Gen 8 to the latest version 2.40.

When I now try and load the Web Interface, it takes ages to load, and in the status bar of Internet Explorer I can see that it's trying to download files from URL https://hpefonts.s3.amazonaws.com !

Unsurprisingly this fails as the ILO network is isolated from the internet, and the resulting web page doesn't appear to render correctly...

Surely all resources for the ILO web interface should be served from the ILO itself, and not be dependent on external sites ?!

4 REPLIES 4
Oscar A. Perez
Honored Contributor
Solution

Re: Why does ILO4 attempt to connect to Amazon AWS ?

As part of the HPE rebranding, iLO4 was required to use certain fonts that were too large to fit in firmware.  The solution was to make these fonts available from the web.  
However, this has impacted performance to users who (like you) have their iLOs in isolated networks where the web browsers cannot connect to the internet so, we are removing this external font load from our stylesheets in the next iLO4 version.

To add to Oscar's response, this slowness is only apparent in IE, other browsers should load faster. Again, this will be remedied in the next iLO4 firmware release

No support by private messages. Please ask the forum! 
Rob Leadbeater
Honored Contributor

Thanks for the explanation Oscar.

Perhaps you could get a message through to the server support team about this.  I've got a fault call logged at the moment too, and they're trying to blame my browser(s)...

Rob Leadbeater
Honored Contributor

Thanks Jimmy

Is there a release date for the next firmware version ?