SOLVED
Go to solution
Tobias Jochmann
Occasional Contributor

access the remote text console doesn´t work

Hi
i´d like to access the remote text console
but in my browser is only a button called
"remote console" if i choose this java opened and tells me "graphical remote console is an ilo advanced feature..."
But i just want to open the text console
What´s wrong??

Greetings
To
3 REPLIES 3
David Claypool
Honored Contributor
Solution

Re: access the remote text console doesn´t work

Think of the remote console as being a way to access whatever is on the screen of the server if you were actually there looking at it. If the screen is in graphics mode, that's what you would see, and without an Advanced license, iLO can't display that on the remote console.

If the OS is Linux or Windows Server 2003, newer versions of the firmware have something called the Virtual Serial Console that replicates the function that is available when connecting up to the server through a serial port with a command line interface. Windows 2000 doesn't have this feature.
acartes
Honored Contributor

It means that iLO believes that the host is in a graphical console mode. Even a command-prompt is a graphical mode if it is in a window. You might want to temporarily activate iLO Advanced with a 30-day evaluation license key:

http://h10018.www1.hp.com/wwsolutions/ilo/iloeval.html

Let us know what you find.
Tobias Jochmann
Occasional Contributor

The "problem" was, that the console screen of the server has a resolution of 1024x768. But now it works

Thanks