New Discussion юеВ

certificate not accepted by ILO 3

SOLVED
Go to solution
zdenko-s
Visitor

certificate not accepted by ILO 3

Hi,

We have ProLiant DL580 G7 server. It has iLO Firmware Version 1.28 Jan 13 2012. I am trying to generate new certificate. I filled form and created CSR. Submeted CSR to internal CA (Microsoft CA). Request was signed successfuly. When I uploaded certificate I got error:
Error: The Certificate could not be imported from the supplied X.509 Certificate data.
Check the following:
- Make sure that the input text was base64 encoded X.509 Certificate data.
- Make sure that the input X.509 Certificate data was intended for this server (not another server).

I have another problem too. Generetaed CSR uses UTF8String ASN.1 tags to encode string. Our PKI infrastructure expects ASN.1 PrintableString.

Is there a way to work around these problems?

BR
Zdenko

3 REPLIES 3
Suvamay
HPE Pro
Solution

Re: certificate not accepted by ILO 3

Hello,

Please update the latest firmware 1.91 and then check.

https://support.hpe.com/hpsc/swd/public/detail?swItemId=MTX_f9123498fddf4708aa86e3d138

Thanks, 

I'm an HPE employee.
[Any personal opinions expressed are mine, and not official statements on behalf of Hewlett Packard Enterprise]
Accept or Kudo
zdenko-s
Visitor

Thanks,

Version 1.91 brings noticable differences. CSR is now accepted by our internal PKI.

Another nice feature is support for remote interface using Java Web Start and new version of .NET.

BR

Zdenko

Suvamay
HPE Pro

Thanks for the update

I'm an HPE employee.
[Any personal opinions expressed are mine, and not official statements on behalf of Hewlett Packard Enterprise]
Accept or Kudo