1752402 Members
5841 Online
108788 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: iLO 2.0 and media disconnect

NicholasN
Occasional Contributor

iLO 2.0 and media disconnect

I have a linux system and I use firefox and have java 1.6. I have used this to connect to systems and find no problems. But the applet that connects the media image of the firmware or smartstart disconnects half way.

I have atleast 1GB memory and closed out all applications. I also fine-tuned firefox to keep the applet alive up to 3000 secs.

If you have answers or any solutions to this kindly post it here.
I do use the latest 800.iso firmware with all the latest drivers. So, what can be wrong, this is not the first time this has happened. I never use this desktop, but I need to know why it doesn't work and this is my desktop to be used at all time.
7 REPLIES 7
KarloChacon
Honored Contributor

hi

I know that some java versions cause come issues

Integrated Lights-Out 2 (iLO 2) Remote Console and Virtual Media Applets May Not Operate as Expected When Accessed With Java Runtime Environment (JRE) Version 1.5.x or Version 1.6.x Integrated Lights-Out 2 (iLO 2) Re

http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bizsupport/TechSupport/Document.jsp?objectID=c01075687тМй=en&cc=us&taskId=101&prodSeriesId=1146658&prodTypeId=18964

also check that you are running 1.50 firmware version too

regards
Didn't your momma teach you to say thanks!
NicholasN
Occasional Contributor

My iLO is version 1.91. not 2.0

Firmware version is the latest that I have which is from 2008. or 800.iso if this is your question.
KarloChacon
Honored Contributor

oh sorry

I saw in the title
"iLO 2.0 and media disconnect"

and there 2 types of ilo
ilo 1. 1.91
ilo 2 1.5

don't you have the option to test IE on a windows machine?

regards
Didn't your momma teach you to say thanks!
NicholasN
Occasional Contributor

It works fine in Windows... I have switched to 1.4.x and my browser crashes loading the applet. I can now switch between 1.6.x and 1.4.x, Not sure why the browser crashes. JVM seems to work fine or java will not work opening ilo console up until I open the virtual media to connect....this is where it crashes...

Will test with other applications using 1.4.x if you have any clue to resolve this, let me know.
Thanks
Marcos Tarquinio

i am having a similar problem , using ilo2 firmware 1.61 just installed it....tried it with latest jre , im installing the operating system... then the virtual media simply disconnects , checked the ilo log and came to this:

Informational iLO 2 11/06/2008 09:03 11/06/2008 09:03 1 Virtual media disconnected by: rsc.

like i myself clicked on "disconnect" but i didnt....i downgrade my jre to 1.42_03 like recommended , same result...im running it from a ie 6, windows 2003 sp2 , its a virtual machine.
i tried from another physical machine and it worked....dont know what to do...the ibm remte asm install with no problems from this virtual machine
Marcos Tarquinio

i have the same problem , i gave up on ilo , it doesnt work , here the problem happens ONLY if i use ilo from a remote desktop connection , when it comes from a local machine the virtual media doesnt disconnects , soo its not a java issue , already installed the recommended one and no diffrence , from remote desktop it disconnects media
P├дr Holmqvist

I have the same problem with installing linux from ilo2 (firmware 1.79) session within internet explorer/ firefox i have tried both, and this is done from a windows terminal server session. The virtual media seems to be dismounted aprox 1/3 part of the installation process :-(

when trying to mount the vrtual media again the message appears (see attachment):
EXT4-fs: ext4dev backwards compatibility will go away by 2.6.31
GFS2: path_lookup on /dev/sr0 returned error -2

Does anyone have a workaround for this ilo2-installation problem??