Server Management - Remote Server Management
1751935 Members
4794 Online
108783 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

iLO Advanced License with or without tracking?

SOLVED
Go to solution
Jasper Groeneweg

iLO Advanced License with or without tracking?

Can anyone tell me the difference between an iLO Advanced Pack license with or without the "tracking" option? I haven't been able to find anythingon the HP site or anywhere else for that matter. Thank you.
2 REPLIES 2
Adrian Clint
Honored Contributor
Solution

Re: iLO Advanced License with or without tracking?

Its only the way you get the license. As I understand it....

1 server license - you get a physical envelope/package delivered with a license that you are supposed to apply to only 1 server

Flexible Quantity license - you get a physical envelope/package delivered with a license that you are supposed to apply to only as many servers as you ordered (must be 4 or more at a time)

Electronic Licenses - you get an online license key via web/email you are supposed to apply to only as many servers as you ordered (must be 4 or more at a time)

Tracking License - You sign an agreement with HP to purchase iLO via tracking and I think you have to commit to a minimum qty. They give a customer ilO license key. You apply this license to every server you want. You agree to order a tracking license for every server you have or will get. You receive nothing and nothing after this when you order more in the future. You can purchase the tracking license with 3 different versions of support and iLO updates.

Jasper Groeneweg

Re: iLO Advanced License with or without tracking?

Thanks Adrian, that clears it up :)