108789 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: iLO Connectivity

SOLVED
Go to solution
Rancher
Honored Contributor

iLO Connectivity

We have approximately 175 ML370 G4 servers with onboard iLo. I have been able to connect to and configure all of them except for 4. They will not even respond to a ping.

They are enabled and have active link lights.
Our WAN group has verified the port speeds and can see the links, but the switch does not see any of the MAC addresses.

How should I go about fixing this? Is there something I need to do on the server that may have been missed in the initial setup?
3 REPLIES 3
pratap m keshava
Trusted Contributor
Solution

Check during post if you can see ILO message. It looks somewhat like "Integrated Lights-out ILOIP [press F8]" during server boot.

If the message comes then probably ILO firmware will be up and you can configure ILO network settings and enable Lights out functionality in ILO RBSU after pressing F8 in the above prompt.

If the prompt doesn't appear ILO firmware may not be up. You can turn on the Switch (ILO security override switch) on the motherboard and flash ILO firmware. You can user either floppy or USB flash drive to flash the firmware. See the attached file which has the relevent part of the user guide to recover the firmware.
Rancher
Honored Contributor

Thank you so much! We tried that this morning and it did the trick!
Rancher
Honored Contributor

The solution given was perfect!