1751695 Members
5313 Online
108781 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: iLO Directory Integration, HP Roles and x64 Windows

VALENTINI

iLO Directory Integration, HP Roles and x64 Windows

Hello,

I am having a problem with the MMC Snap ins installed with the HP Directory Services package (SP31581).

On my domain controllers, which run Windows Server 2003 Enterprise x64 US, the "New HP Object" is not listed in the context menu when I right-click an OU in ADUC.

Like all my domain controllers had been upgraded to x64, we cannot use AD user authentication to access our ILO.

We don't want to recreate generic ILO users because we cannot trace who do the ILO access.

Please respond.
5 REPLIES 5
M.S.Srivatsa
Valued Contributor

Please refer to the follwing white paper on
"Integrating HP ProLiant Lights-Out processors with Microsoft├В┬о Active Directory".

M.S.Srivatsa
Valued Contributor

Here is the link to the white paper
"Integrating HP ProLiant Lights-Out processors with Microsoft├В┬о Active Directory".
http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bc/docs/support/SupportManual/c00190541/c00190541.pdf

VALENTINI

I have already read this white paper ( 15 times ).
HP Roles objects don't appear in the context menu when all Domains Controllers are installed on Windows x64.

They appears only when you have, at least, 1 domain controller installed on Windows 32 bits.

CoreyC

I remember reading elsewhere in the forum that the snap-in is indeed for 32-bit OSes only. If I find the thread I'll post it here.

In the meantime, have you tried installing the snap-in on an admin workstation that has the Windows Server 2003 Admin Pack installed on it?
Farooq Khaled

I have the same issue with x64. It seems that snap-in has an issue with x64 OS. I can see the HP objects on my XP machine.