3639 Online
108758 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: iLO Fails

INR
Advisor

iLO Fails

Hi all.

Today, my company has had a problem with a blade server (HPBL460c G6).

iLO firmware is 3.0.0.

The issue is that we haven't be able to access to this equipment until turn it off using physical button. No network interfaces, no iLO, anything. It was not possible accesing to it.

I'm very worried about this issue because one of the reason for choosing HP was remote management and today this feauture was down.

Does anyone know what could have been happened? And the most important, does anybody know how to fix it?

Please, follow next attached screenshot

4 REPLIES 4
Torsten.
Acclaimed Contributor

>> iLO firmware is 3.0.0.

Please check again, should be version 1.82.

Hope this helps!
Regards
Torsten.

If you feel this was helpful please click the KUDOS! thumb below!   
Jimmy Vance
HPE Pro

The latest released version of iLO2 firmware is 1.82

Can you access the enclosure OA?

no screenshot was with your posting

No support by private messages. Please ask the forum! 
INR
Advisor

Hi again.

Sorry for the delay. I've been out of office until today.

Yes, you're right, I think I saw a global package Firmware version (Active Onboard Administrator: 3.00 Mar 19 2010). Just, in june there is a new release 3.10.

Regarding to iLO, I have installed BladeSystem c7000 Onboard Administrator Tray 1.7 version and I think I've found the problem.

The issue appears when you loose your ethernet connectivity. If that happens and you have configure iLO to adquire session, web browser finish with a time out, and after that, this error appears. The problem is that the only way is rebooting the equipment..

Do you think if I upgrade to 3.10, this issue will be solved? How do I upgrade iLO to 1.82 version?

Thank you and best regards.
Jimmy Vance
HPE Pro

If your talking about loosing a remote console session and when trying to re-connect you have to use the aquire tab, there is a workaround.

Once you hit the aquire button, wait a minute, close the session, and then restart the remote console session. I find this works most of the time.

If that doesn't work, from the main iLO system status tab, click diagnostics, at the bottom of the diags screen is a reset button that will reset just the iLO and not the whole ssytem

No support by private messages. Please ask the forum!