108788 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: iLO Mouse pointer mismatch

SOLVED
Go to solution
Derek_31
Valued Contributor

iLO Mouse pointer mismatch

I have iLO v1.70 and Java 1.4.2_07 and when I open a remote control window (not dual cursor) my mouse pointer and the pointer in the server window are not staying in sync. This is with Windows Server 2003 andn PSP 7.20.

I ran the commandline iLO optimizer with the /all switch, but it didn't solve the problem. It is worst around the edges of screen where I loose mouse control in the remote window.

I understand the dual cursor mode would have synchronization problems, but I'm puzzled why the regular remote console mode is having problems.

Pointers? (no pun)
6 REPLIES 6
acartes
Honored Contributor

Suggestions:

- control panel/ mouse/ pointer options: disable "enhanced pointer precision" (mouse acceleration) and pick a middle mouse speed. This is one of the things that HPLOMOPT is supposed to do. You might need to adjust the mouse speed to exactly match the remote cursor.

- runas Administrator HPLOMOPT

- control panel/ display/ settings/ advanced/ troubleshoot: Hardware Acceleration full

- Stay tuned for iLO 1.75, due out next month
Derek_31
Valued Contributor

Thanks. Those settings were already configured even prior to my running the optimizer. So are you saying 1.75 fixes some know pointer synchronization issues?
acartes
Honored Contributor

1.75 is rumored to offer a new mouse performance feature. I'll update this thread when it is available for download.
acartes
Honored Contributor
Solution

iLO 1.75 firmware is starting to appear on the downloads page.

One thing it offers is a "high performance mouse" mode for Windows servers. There are some server config requirements that the optimization utility can do for you. Details are on the downloads page here:
http://h18013.www1.hp.com/support/files/lights-out/us/download/22745.html

If you use this feature, it should address mouse tracking and performance issues.

Let us hear your thoughts by posting to this thread...
Ole Thomsen_1
Trusted Contributor

Great!

iLO 1.75 works perfect here, all I did was push it from HPSIM to a testserver, start a remote console and check the "High performance mouse".

All my iLO mouse problems and frustrations are gone :-)

What bothers me is that it seems to be removed from the HP site. A search for iLO 1.75 gives me a dead link.
Derek_31
Valued Contributor

With my limited testing shows much better mouse performance. Thanks HP!