108794 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: iLO Powershell Cmdlets ver 2.2.0.0 & Update-HPEILOFirmware prompting

SOLVED
Go to solution
Steve_Tippett
Frequent Advisor

iLO Powershell Cmdlets ver 2.2.0.0 & Update-HPEILOFirmware prompting

I am creating a Powershell script for updating iLo firmware for iLo4 & iLo5 models, using the Update-HPEILOFirmware cmdlet in the version 2.2.0.0 cmdlet library.  I've tried both with & without the cmdlet swithc parameters -Force  and  -Confirm, and it always prompts me for confirmation.  Inputting "A" for Yes to All doesn't prevent the prompt for displaying before the subsequent iLO update either.

Interactive prompts are death to a script!   For those that desire prompting, we can always get a prompted interactive experience via the iLo GUI interface.   Has anyone found a way to prevent the interactive prompt (shown here) when using the PS cmdlet?Problem.jpg

6 REPLIES 6
Paul_J_K
HPE Pro

It is difficult to comment without the actual script command being used which is throwing this confirmation.

There is possibly multiple levels of confirmation being requested and possibly UAC as well. Not sure if all of the following has been tried. 

-Confirm:$false 

-Force -Recurse

Other references: https://support.hpe.com/hpsc/doc/public/display?docId=emr_na-a00045034en_us&docLocale=en_US

I am an HPE employee
Accept or Kudo
Steve_Tippett
Frequent Advisor

Paul, thanks for your response.

I've tried both with and without the -Force and -Confirm switch parameters, and it always prompts me for confirmation. 

You asked for the actual command - here it is:  

$Firmware_File = $Current_Path + "\" + $iLo_firmware
$Result = Update-HPEiLOFirmware -Connection $Connected_iLo -Location $Firmware_File -Force

Yes, I have referred to the User Guide and the Get-Help for this cmdlet.

Steve_Tippett
Frequent Advisor

I should also add that this prompting did not occur in the previous (2.0.0) version of the cmdlet.

Chris29
Occasional Advisor
Solution

hello,

have you tried :

$Result = Update-HPEiLOFirmware -Connection $Connected_iLo -Location $Firmware_File -Confirm: $false

or

$Result = Update-HPEiLOFirmware -Connection $Connected_iLo -Location $Firmware_File -Confirm:$false

Can't remember if the space is needed or not.

Test and tell us if it's working.

Steve_Tippett
Frequent Advisor

Chris, thanks for the education!  I was adhering to the strict definition of not providing a value with a switch parameter.  It turns out that using this format  -Confirm:$false  was successful: the update proceeded and no prompting occurred.  I appreciate your assistance.

Chris29
Occasional Advisor

I'm happy to have helped you.