Server Management - Remote Server Management
1751921 Members
4936 Online
108783 Solutions
New Discussion

iLO add-on-card is no longer recognized from BIOS, after Firmware-update on (DL 140 G2) with LO 100

CsNwhp2k
Frequent Visitor

iLO add-on-card is no longer recognized from BIOS, after Firmware-update on (DL 140 G2) with LO 100

Hi !

updated my Firmware with a bootable USB-Device, because I wasn't able to login anymore. Now my iLO 100 Card is no longer recognized by the BIOS. I used the "sp32429.exe" v.1.16 to downgrade BIOS and the "sp32391.exe" v.1.23 to downgrade ILO.

After seemingly "successful" flashing, the option to setup IPMI vanished in the Advanced table of the BIOS.

A solution for this problem is crucial because we have 6 servers of the same type where we want to use the ilo "Remote Desktop" function to access the BIOS as well as the running OS and im responsible for this decision, if this makes no sense because our hardware is to old for this feature i wouldn't get the order to buy the Advanced license. This would do no good because I told my principal about the features iLO would provide for us.

in advance, thank you for your help.

regards,

Chris

p.s. I used this guide to create a USB-Key with several firmware images (BIOS firmware and ILO Firmware) to chose from

http://christian.hofstaedtler.name/blog/2008/12/creating-a-multi-floppy-usb-key-for-flashing-hp-dl140145-g2-systems.html

No one any idea how to fix this ,its urgent ?

Did I smashed the Card_BIOS with this update ,do we have to exchange the iLO card ?