New Discussion юеВ

Re: iLO authentication using default Directory Schema

Well, login via CN now is working :-) but not the login via user@domain.com

In the iLO-Help there is written:

==============
Example 3
(Active Directory only)
Microsoft Active Directory allows an alternate user credential format. Search contexts in this format cannot be tested except by successful login using them. A user may login as:
user@domain.hp.com
in which case a search context of
@domain.hp.com
allows the user to login as
user
==============

Is "Active Directory only" only works with HP schema extension or with the schema-less integration also?
Sharon Almog_1
Advisor

Andre,

When you select "Default Schema" then you dont need the HP Schema objects nor expanding the Active Directory Schema !

The HP Schema expansion, provides you additional benefit of migrating the ILO cards into an OU and link HP Security Roles (which of course being added by the Schema Expansion via HP Tools), and by that gain full ILO management via Active Directory from all aspects.

Sharon
Leader in HP/Compaq Technologies
Rob Ingenthron

This thread was interesting and informative, but it doesn't address my specific issue, though it touches on related settings.

Schema-free works for me when using a CN/Display Name.

Our schema has the HP schema extensions, so I switched an iLo to use them.

After many days of trial and error and fruitless searches, I am stumped.

Logging in with "name@domain.com" or "domain\name" both fail with the same error. Here's the error from the test:
-----
Initiating Directory Settings diagnostic for server dc2.domain.com
Directory Server address dc2.domain.com resolved to 172.24.36.10
Accepting Directory Server certificate for /CN=dc2.domain.com signed by /EMAIL=ca-admin@domain.net/C=US/ST=California/L=Sunnyvale/O=Our Company, Inc./OU=Our Company Certificate Authority/CN=Our Company Root CA
Unable to access directory with LOM Object Password.
Test user user@domain.com authenticated.
Role CN=GOMS-iLo-Access-All,OU=Roles,OU=HP,OU=Common,DC=domain,DC=com
Cumulative rights gained:

None
Unable to authorize test user.

Tests complete.
----------

The only tests that fail are the "LOM Object password" and "User authorization".

I've tried to just login, too, and those logins fail. Only the local "administrator" account defined for the iLo works.

The LOM object obviously exists, and I've tried creating it with no password, the word "password"... Doesn't matter. The user ID is fine, and it works with the schema-free setup.

There is NO documention on this error, there's almost NO documentation on the LOM Object Password usage. There's no help file with guidelines for the LOM objects.

The user ID has FULL rights to the LOM object, based on the role applied.

The LOM object is nested (ie, under a couple of OU's) as are the roles.

I'm at a loss.

Any suggestions welcome!!!

-- Rob --