1752782 Members
6044 Online
108789 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

iLO console hang (NetWare)

Dusan Vidovic_1
Advisor

iLO console hang (NetWare)

When accessing iLO text console on DL360G3 to administer a server running NetWare 6.0 SP5 (BackupExec 9.1 also installed on it), it freezes; moreover, the console on the server itself (keyboard) gets freezed and I can only do a cold reboot to get normal access to it. I updated iLO to the latest firmware but it is the same; I even tried with using the 30-day eval Advanced license ... Does anyone know of problems using iLO with NetWare? If not, than it can only be a faulty iLO...
4 REPLIES 4
acartes
Honored Contributor

Re: iLO console hang (NetWare)

There were a few thoughts aroung here...

1) Check the server GUI video resolution. Rumor is that it works best at 800x600.

2) the local keyboard and mouse are locked-out when iLO remote console is active (for security reasons). Closing the remote console window unlocks them.

3) Check the JVM version on your client. iLO uses 1.3.1_02 or later. You can check the version under control panel/add or remove programs. You can download a JRE following this link:
http://www.hp.com/servers/manage/jvm
Dusan Vidovic_1
Advisor

Well, the managed server is in text mode (NetWare) - not graphic. The JVM is 1.4.x
and the problems is that after closing the (attempted) iLO remote console session, the keyboard (no mouse here) on the managed server is NOT unlocked. I checked the driver as well, but the latest one is installed.
acartes
Honored Contributor

Does resetting iLO affect the behavior? Can you hit the "apply button" on the network settings page (which resets the firmware) and does that free-up the local keyboard and mouse?
Dusan Vidovic_1
Advisor

There's no particular problem with the network settings page; I am able to change and save the parameters. However, I have to check if that frees the keyboard & mouse.