4677 Online
108786 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

iLO remote console gray screen

Anil Sonmez
Occasional Contributor

iLO remote console gray screen

Hello
I have 5 DL380 and all of iLO remote console is gray and a cursor is blinking.
6 REPLIES 6
Eric Bus

Re: iLO remote console gray screen

Hi,

Did you resolve this problem? My RILO behaves the same. Every other aspect is working, but the Remote Console is always gray with a blinking cursor. Telnetting to the card results in the same behaviour (I can login though).

In both Firefox and IE this results in the attached screen.

Furthermore, System Status > Server Status shows:

Server Video Mode: 80 x 0 Color Text Mode

Which doesn't seem right...
Ruslan
Respected Contributor

Is there Advanced iLO License has been activated? Update firmware to recent release. Check that necessaries updates for IE installed.
acartes
Honored Contributor

Server Video Mode: 80 x 0 Color Text Mode
sounds like iLO is confused.
Navigate to the network settings page and hit "apply". This resets iLO even if no changes are made.

Let us know if this helps!
acartes
Honored Contributor

Try updating to the latest iLO firmware. Compatibilty with Firefox has been improved.
Bomber

Hello, Has anyone manager to find a solution to the above problem, i am also getting the same error on a DL380 with a Remote Insight Lights out edition Firmware 2.53 (Old card). On doing remote console the screen is Grey with the cursor flsahing in the top left corner.

If i force the server to do a reboot the screen will display correctly while the server is booting up (Text mode), then works ok in the graphics mode (2003).... but after a day or so it will stop working again

Any help advise would be great ....

Thanks
S3Solutions

Bumping this thread back up -- I am having the same problem on a DL380 G2 that I just installed Windows 2003 on. The remote console worked great for 4 years with Windows 2000, now I have installed Win2003 and I get the same grey screen with blinking cursor. I can power cycle (reset) the server and it boots up OK in text and graphic mode but again, after a few days it just quits working. Help! I'm running firmware 2.53