1752421 Members
5913 Online
108788 Solutions
New Discussion

Re: iLO2 firmware version 2.13 released

Oscar A. Perez
Honored Contributor

iLO2 firmware version 2.13 released

If you already have iLO2 firmware version 2.12, upgrade to this version "only" if you are using (or planning to use in the future) a feature introduced in iLO2 v2.09 called "Enhanced CLI Prompt".

iLO2 firmware v2.13 (Aug 2012)

Fixes:
 iLO 2 could stop responding if the server name is greater than 10 characters and Enhanced CLI Prompt is enabled.

Online ROM Flash Component for Windows 32bit
ftp://ftp.hp.com/pub/softlib2/software1/sc-windows-fw-ilo/p1443420321/v80500

Online ROM Flash Component for Windows 64bit
ftp://ftp.hp.com/pub/softlib2/software1/sc-windows-fw-ilo/p2023401934/v80501

Online ROM Flash Component for Linux

ftp://ftp.hp.com/pub/softlib2/software1/sc-linux-fw-ilo/p1285463034/v80498

Honored Contributor

Thanks for the continued development of iLO2.

Will there be a "Enhanced CLI Prompt" feature for iLO3?

anthony11
Regular Advisor

1) Near as I can tell, "Enhanced CLI Prompt" means the system name is in the iLO CLI prompt?

2) The FTP link you provided does get me iLO 2 2.13, but even now it doesn't seem to be on HP's web site.  I didn't receive an alert for it being available, and the latest I can find on any of the myriad download pages is 2.12 -- some only go to 2.09!  I've never understood this -- software shows up on the FTP server under a non-deducible path, and only months later is it findable via other means.

Oscar A. Perez
Honored Contributor

The team decided not to release it on the web since it was only one fix to one feature that was recently introduced anyway.

Next month, we will be releasing a new version on the web that includes this fix plus few others.

Okay, thanks.  Command editing maybe?  Or moving the default route into map1/enetport1/lanendpt1/ipendpt1 where the IP address and netmask already are?  Or not having to wait for an iLO reset after changing each value? Ability to see the iLo dedicated ethernet speed/duplex/link status?

I've had a number of frustrating interactions with the CSO over iLO CLI bugs so I'm >acutely< interested in its future.  It seems that most system vendors these days expect one to set up a server using a legacy monitor and keyboard, including IBM and Dell and amazingly even Cisco.  For those of us deploying and managing remote systems, a CLI that works out of the box is vital.

Oscar A. Perez
Honored Contributor

I know the CLI in iLO2 could be fustrating but, iLO2 is a 7+ years old product that is about to reach the End-of-Life stage. We would like to keep improving its features but, due to space constraints (ROM and RAM) we only plan to continue fixing serious problems like, iLO2 stops responding issues or security vulnerabilites that might be discovered in the future.

Understood, sorry if my comments above were taken wrt iLO 2 -- I was thinking of iLO in general, though I do have 3x DL380 G6 systems to contend with.