New Discussion юеВ

Re: iLO3 not responsiv

SOLVED
Go to solution
Oscar A. Perez
Honored Contributor

Dean,

That is very interesting piece of information. About iLO2, we just released 2.05 to fix issues related to Nessus Scanner and FoundStone but, iLO3 is a completely different product with different OS and TCP/IP stack so, the fixes we just did for iLO2 TCP/IP stack won't apply to iLO3.
We will though do more research on how FoundStone could cause iLO3 to go unresponsive. So far we have been unable to duplicate the issue in our labs. We continue to work on it.

We excluded the ilo3 cards from Foundstone and re-ran Foundstone. The ilo3 cards stayed up. We will keep these excluded and see if these remain stable for a few weeks. If not it must be something other than
Foundstone. I will report back our findings.
Dean Allendorf
Occasional Advisor

iLo 3 cards are still up and running today since we removed them from Foundstone. I just found out that another data center in our company has 9 DL585 G7 servers with the same issue. They also run Foundstone. They run a different Foundstone script than ours but they found after running Foundstone the thier iLO 3 cards also became unresponsive but yet could ping them. We are feeling pretty confident this is why our iLO three cards are becoming unresponsive. So we are hoping HP can come up with a fix.
Oscar A. Perez
Honored Contributor

Dean,

Thanks for the info. Could you please provide the FoundStone version and scripts if possible? Thanks

Foundstone Enterprise version 6.7
Getting the scripts seems to be challenging. If I can get you any further info I will send it.
Oscar A. Perez
Honored Contributor

We have made progress on this case. We were able to reproduce the issue in our lab using a newer version of FoundStone (McAfee Vulnerability Manager v7.00). We found and fixed a couple of bugs in the webserver that were making iLO3 to run out of sockets.

The fix will be in the next official iLO3 release. I have a beta version for those of you who would like to give it a try. Let me know.

Hi Oscar,

please send me the fix. I will try it.
Oscar A. Perez
Honored Contributor

You can download the 1.17 beta firmware from the below FTP. Remember, this build is for testing purposes only. Do NOT use in production.

FTP System: ftp.usa.hp.com (15.192.32.78)
Login: tempilo3
Password: G1vmeilo (NOTE: CASE-sensitive)

FTP Access: ftp://tempilo3:G1vmeilo@ftp.usa.hp.com/
or: ftp://tempilo3:G1vmeilo@15.192.32.78/

I too am having the same issue. I am using iLO3 FW 1.15 and 1.16 on HP BL460C G7 Blades. Our parent company is using FoundStone and will not disable.

I have exhausted all other avenues with HP Support.

I have tried to download Beta FW 1.17 from ftp.usa.hp.com, but the files are no longer there. Can I get a copy please?
William Graham
Occasional Advisor
Solution

I found a link courtesy of Oscar on another thread. I was able to download 1.20 FW, mt problem is resolved.

Oscar's post below. Thankyou

OK, iLO3 1.20 does fix an issue where the webserver and SSH could become unresponsive when McAfee FoundStone scans iLO3.

You can download iLO3 1.20 from the below FTP links:

Windows Online Flash Component
ftp://ftp.hp.com/pub/softlib2/software1/sc-windows-fw-ilo/p901462262/v64721/

Windows Online Flash Component x64
ftp://ftp.hp.com/pub/softlib2/software1/sc-windows-fw-ilo/p1728391553/v64720/

Linux Online Flash Component
ftp://ftp.hp.com/pub/softlib2/software1/sc-linux-fw-ilo/p1255562964/v64722/