Server Management - Remote Server Management
1752815 Members
6183 Online
108789 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

iLO4 integrated remote console stops working some time after the server starts.

enotbert
Occasional Visitor

iLO4 integrated remote console stops working some time after the server starts.

Hello.

Server: HP DL380p gen8
iLO4: advanced license
iLO version: 2.78
Host OS: Ubuntu 20.04 LTS

Recently, the integrated remote console has started to work strangely. At first, when the server has just booted, everything works perfectly. HTML5 console and SSH access work.

After a while the image in the console freezes. The console does not respond to the keyboard and mouse, while the image itself seems to refresh. Every time I connect, I see the actual time in the OS.

In addition, when I try to connect via SSH, I get a message Access denied. At the same time, as I said earlier, right after I boot the server SSH connects normally.

I really hope for your quick help.

4 REPLIES 4
Ihaqueit
Trusted Contributor

Re: iLO4 integrated remote console stops working some time after the server starts.

Any USB device connected with HP DL380p gen8?

I Haq
enotbert
Occasional Visitor

Re: iLO4 integrated remote console stops working some time after the server starts.

Yes. USB HDD dock station with 1 drive in it.
Sebasbin
HPE Pro

Hi,

Please refer below document to troubleshoot the ILO4 remote console issues  

https://support.hpe.com/hpesc/public/docDisplay?docId=a00045778en_us&docLocale=en_US

Note: While I am an HPE Employee, all of my comments (whether noted or not), are my own and are not any official representation of the company

Accept or Kudo

enotbert
Occasional Visitor

Thanks for the link. I already found it through google. Unfortunately, I didn't find anything there that could help me. Are you sure there is a solution there, or is it just a link to a similar topic?