108759 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: Query: iLO5 how long does it take to generete the CertificateSigningRequest

SOLVED
Go to solution
Adis_S
Advisor

iLO5 how long does it take to generete the CertificateSigningRequest

Is there any time time limit how fast or how long does it take to generate the CertificateSigningRequest?

When using PowerShell and the Get-HPEiLOCertificateSigningRequest (from PowerShell Module HPEiLOCmdlets )if I wait 20 sec, in most time the CSR is generated and can be saved, but sometimes the output is just empty.

Questions:
- Did someone have idea how to check if CSR is created correctly?
- And are there any PowerShell Module HPEiLOCmdlets global options for logging like with OneView PowerShell module?

#Enable logging feature
[HPEOneView.Config]::EnableVerbose = $true
[HPEOneView.Config]::EnableDebug = $true

5 REPLIES 5
support_s
System Recommended

Query: iLO5 how long does it take to generete the CertificateSigningRequest

Adis_S
Advisor

1. First link does not work here (logged in with HPE Passport)

Document not available

Please check the Document ID or your account permissions.

2. I am not sure if second link have anything to do with my question. Can you point me to the Correct Site?

ksram
HPE Pro

Hi,

Thank you for the POST.

Usually it happens in few seconds and wouldnt take more time.

Once the steps to follow the CSR are followed, it would be correct, unless if Certificate-Signing Requests Or the Create Self-Signed Certificate Functions to Fail this may be due to OneView version.

Try updating to the latest available if its of lesser version. Share the Screenshots / error messages if available.

Regarding the second query, refer the link and check if that helps : https://developer.hpe.com/blog/powershell-defined-infrastructure#:~:text=On%20that%20trend%2C%20HPE%20provides,to%20interact%20with%20HPE%20OneView.

Thank you

RamKS

I work for HPE.
[Any personal opinions expressed are mine, and not official statements on behalf of Hewlett Packard Enterprise]

Accept or Kudo

ksram
HPE Pro

Hi @Adis_S 

Good day!

May we please know if the links / info shared were helpful.

Thank you

RamKS

I work for HPE.
[Any personal opinions expressed are mine, and not official statements on behalf of Hewlett Packard Enterprise]

Accept or Kudo

Adis_S
Advisor
Solution

Well, it does take few more seconds. We tested with 20s and we have Problem that the CSR was still not generated. With 40s we get in our test all CSR generated, so we will use 40s as the wait value till we check if CSR is generated.