5218 Online
108782 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

iLo 2 E-mail Notification?

Mike GT
Occasional Contributor

iLo 2 E-mail Notification?

All-

Sorry for the newbie question, but I can't seem to find this info in any iLo 2 documentation.

I was told that with my recently purchased iLo 2 ADvanced Pack license, I would be able to enable e-mail notification for events such as drive failures or errors, fan failures and of course, anything else going wrong on my new HP servers. Am I missing something? Does it require the use of the Systems Insight Manager or something? Just trying to figure out how to get notified of something failing when all of my systems are miles away in the CoLo.

Thanks!
4 REPLIES 4
acartes
Honored Contributor

Re: iLo 2 E-mail Notification?

iLO can be configured to send SNMP alerts.
See Administration/Management.

This requires configuring iLO with the SNMP alert destination. There is also a "send test alert" button.

Typically HP SIM would be the SNMP alert destination.

At this time, there is no support for e-mail alerts from iLO.
Mike GT
Occasional Contributor

So there is no way to setup SIM to email me notifications of drive or fan failures? I thought that was the point of most of the softwares. Obviously if all of my stuff is at a CoLo 30 miles from our office, I need to be notified when there is a hardware issue so HP can be dispatched with the parts. I apologize, I must be missing something simple.
David Claypool
Honored Contributor

Mike: the point you're missing is that iLO2 and its Advanced Pack doesn't have any role in this process. The ProLiant Support Pack provides the necessary management layer on the server to monitor system health. The System Management Homepage / Insight agents can either send an SNMP trap to something like HP SIM and they also have something called the Insight Event Notifier that can send an email on its own.

The most comprehensive management will be through the use of HP SIM.
Mike GT
Occasional Contributor

Makes sense now. I got the iLo Advanced Pack for the remote connectivity, not so much the notification.

Thanks!